Is he cheating on me?

I'm like almost positive my boyfriend is cheating on me, but he won't admit it... WHY!? If you're cheating then I do not believe that you love someone so why keep them? Especially when it is EXTREMELY easy to let me go and all he's doing is going out of his way to see me. I just don't get why he won't tell me the truth, or am I imagining this?! HELP!

13

Most Helpful Guy

• First of all, what makes you think he's cheating? The problem here is that you don't seem to trust this guy; without trust, you can't have a solid relationship. If you have already convinced yourself that he is cheating, it won't really matter if he is actually cheating or not.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • He lied to me about a very small thing a few months back... but it involved his child's mother. And it has made me very uncomfortable and very productive in thoughts about the two of them since.

• He claims he tries to keep it friendly because she has random spurts of absolute torture. He is an amazing father and I love BOTH of them more than I even thought was possible but their relationship is yes, driving me crazy. I am a product of separated parents and mine were ALWAYS helpful and cordial to each other, but not to this extent, it disgusts me and makes my stomach turn. If he wanted to be with her he just would be right?

• Right. If he wanted to make things work with her, it would have happened long before he met you. I'm not judging or criticizing you in any way, but this is exactly why I don't date single parents. For me, it only works long-term if there is no ex in the picture at all.