She cheated on me, should I forgive her or leave?

My girlfriend and I have been together for a little over a year, 15 months to be exact. Everything was wonderful, and I really thought I saw a future and family with her. We loved each other with all our hearts... But in mid-January she went 200 miles away to Job Corp, which is like a trade school/ training facility so she could get job skills and a job. It was VERY hard for me when she left...she called about once a week for the first month but gradually called less and less. Said she'd write me letters but never did. I was completely loyal and faithful to her, but it was so hard and painful to wait for a letter that never came, or by a phone that didn't ring..

Well last week she got to come home for a week, but I noticed she wasn't the same as when she left. wasn't enthused, or seem to be happy to talk to me...no kiss, no affection and no "I love you". Turns out she actually met someone else there and had a "deep connection" with...said she couldn't handle the distance from me and it hurt too much. Only known him a couple months, while she's known me almost a year and a half..She kissed this guy and they hung out every day over there. doesn't want me anymore..It crushed me, and I kicked her out of the house in tears...

I Haven't ate, barely slept and lost close to 13 lbs in a few days... My only comfort has been my sweet 2 y/o black cat, who snuggles and nuzzles in my lap...meows when I cry and lays next to my head on the pillow..

What can I do? I'm just tired of hurting

18

Most Helpful Guy

• Forgive and forget but move on, I'm in a long distance relationship and if my current girlfriend cheats on me I'll slam that door shut for good. Don't waste your patience for someone who cannot appreciate you. Waste of time and nerves. The pain will pass and the wounds will heal in time. I've been there, something very similar happened with me and my ex but for different reasons. I was actually the one who had to go away and after my return she wasn't the same, as it turned out she was actually chatting with a guy on Facebook and she thought she had finally met her true love. She threw away nearly four years of great moments in an instant because "she felt neglected" because I went away to finish my bachelor's and to work. In reality, however, she was acting neglectful the months predating our brake-up because I was busy with the university, working two jobs and still finding enough time to prepare romantic dinners that she usually skipped because she was having "ladies night with the girls" or other gestures of gratitude for her patience that she easily overlooked.

I feel your pain but you should move on. What goes around comes back around, the same thing will happen to her one day - in the case with my ex - the guy she left me for was actually a jerk pretending to like her but was only pretending to be interested in her just to get in her panties. And even if she begs, and asks you to forgive her - don't. Once lost, trust is impossible to be restored.