Do girls sleep with someone to spite their ex?

So, my girlfriend cheated on me with a kid in high school when she was super f***ed up one time. She told me 2 days later, and I took some time and she was pretty much begging for me back telling me we could work through it, which we did for a while. But it was pretty damaging to our relationship and we ended up breaking up a month later. She's 24 by the way, don't ask how it happened it just did.

Anyways, our breakup was fine at first, and due to me freaking out a little bit in the beginning it turned kinda bad. Last time we were in contact last week we managed to end things on a semi good note by both apologizing for what happened in the relationship.

My question is, would a girl knowingly hook up with someone who she knows would hurt her ex? Are there girls that do this? Because I'd be fine with her hooking up with anyone else just not that one person. I know it's none of my business what she does now but it just bugs me.

11