Will he ever marry me?

Been with my boyfriend for 2 years but he won't commit to marrying me. I think it's mostly because of his ex he never really got over. To him, she is "the best thing out there" and I'm 'second best'

Do guys like this change their minds?

They only dated for 4 months so he never got to see her bad side (which everyone has) so when she left him, she forever remained in a pedestal.
  • No, he is still not over the fantasy of his ex so he won't marry me
    Vote A
  • Yes, he could change his mind soon enough
    Vote B
  • See answer
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• He sounds pretty immature. I mean I can understand a guy wanting more time, but to be in love with his ex still, after only dating her for 4 months. I find that really silly.

In my opinion, 2 years is enough time for a guy to know whether you two are ready to get married. Especially if you two are in your mid-twenties or older.

I dated a guy for over 2 years, only to find out that he didn't have that same plan for me. I wouldn't waste your time. Have the talk, if he says he's not wanting to marry you, leave. Find a guy who does.

You deserve someone who loves you back!

0|0
    0|0
    • Thanks for BA! I hope I helped you. It sucks when this happens, but at least you know and can now decide what you want to do. There are a lot of really great guys out there. And you will find one!

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• 2 years isn't enough time to start getting married if you've only known each other for two years. Especially if you're not already living together (and hopefully didn't rush into that). Seriously, no reason to rush things.

0|0
    1|0
  • He will change his mind if you keep on pursuing what you want with him in a gentle and not in a desperate way.

0|0
    0|0
  • Guys can change their minds, but this guy doesn't sound like he's going to.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• If he's never going to get over his ex and put you ahead of her, then you're going to have a lot of problems in the future. Don't look forward to marriage if he's always going to see you as second best. You should be number one and that should come from how much he cares about you, not from a comparison with his ex. Be careful what you wish for.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm so sorry to hear that.. But I think even if he asks you to marry him you shouldn't do that. Did he tell you himself that he is not over her now? I mean, that's crazy and hurts!

I would try to be strong and find someone who is willing to commit 100 percent.

Unless, you just assume he is not over her, which might be not true. You've been together for 2 years, I bet You can talk about stuff like that and make decisions together ;)

0|0
    0|0
  • ouch! That's gotta hurt since you knew he's still not over his ex. Not a chance he'll ask you to marry him. I'm sorry.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes