Will he ever marry me?

Been with my boyfriend for 2 years but he won't commit to marrying me. I think it's mostly because of his ex he never really got over. To him, she is "the best thing out there" and I'm 'second best'

Do guys like this change their minds?

They only dated for 4 months so he never got to see her bad side (which everyone has) so when she left him, she forever remained in a pedestal.
  • No, he is still not over the fantasy of his ex so he won't marry me
  • Yes, he could change his mind soon enough
  • See answer
    Vote C

43

Most Helpful Girl

• He sounds pretty immature. I mean I can understand a guy wanting more time, but to be in love with his ex still, after only dating her for 4 months. I find that really silly.

In my opinion, 2 years is enough time for a guy to know whether you two are ready to get married. Especially if you two are in your mid-twenties or older.

I dated a guy for over 2 years, only to find out that he didn't have that same plan for me. I wouldn't waste your time. Have the talk, if he says he's not wanting to marry you, leave. Find a guy who does.

You deserve someone who loves you back!

• Thanks for BA! I hope I helped you. It sucks when this happens, but at least you know and can now decide what you want to do. There are a lot of really great guys out there. And you will find one!