Am I in the wrong for breaking up?

I am dating a guy for 8 eight months who lives 2 hrs away. He travels for his job. I haven't seen him for two months, yes two months. He is always working like non stop. He is a workaholic. He is the COO of his company and wearing a lot of hats, a lot of people do not understand this. So, he never has time for me. So, this week has been extremely bad. I tried breaking up with him. I was in his city for interviews because I plan on moving in with him (still haven't gotten the key cause I haven't seen him to get it!) but I didn't see him. Then tonight he was in town and we had planned to meet up for dinner but no response from his meeting so I said I can't do this anymore via text still no response and no calls whenever I say I'm mad or anything he jumps the gun. I cannot deal with not seeing him especially for a two month period. I am a pretty independent person, but if we are planning to move in together and already fighting and having childish behavior well mostly on my part. I don't think this is going to work out. I mean am I wrong for wanting to break up with him?

03

Most Helpful Guy

• Based only on what you've written, no I don't think your in the wrong.

It sounds like you want someone who is going to be there for you. Someone who you will be able to share a life with. From what you've said, it sounds like this guy is married to his job. I would guess that every day that he comes home, he is tired and probably doesn't have much energy to do anything. If his job is his life then it doesn't sound like he has room for you. Most breakups have an obvious reason. (the other person cheated, treated you horribly etc ). It's hard to feel justified when the reason isn't as obvious. I feel that he has someone in his life that's more important, it just happens to be his job. So in the end, it sounds like you are breaking up because he can't make you the number one priority in his life. We all have expectations of how we expect our lives to be when there is someone in them. When these expectations aren't met we have some options on how to deal with that. Break up, or change. If you don't feel that things will change in a way that your expectations will be met, then I feel there is only one other option left to you.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE