Is my boyfriend arrogant enough to break up with?

I've been dating my boyfriend for about 3 1/2 months. I know everyone has their faults, I have plenty of my own. However, it seems every opportunity my boyfriend has to brag, patronize or one up anyone around him, he takes. He is actually intelligent, but it's hard to distinguish it from his inflated ego at times. For example, if I mention something I want to cook for him, he makes it clear, he has not only mastered it, has friends in the cuisine's origin, talks about what you have missed, etc. blah, blah, blah. If I mention wanting to go hiking, he mentions how he went hiking in Italy, and how I've GOT to see it. The ironic thing is, I make more money than him, pay for our outings 90% of the time, including the entire cost of a roadtrip together, when he didn't even want to help drive, etc. Anyway, should I be more forgiving, talk to him, or cut my losses and move on?

12

Most Helpful Guy

• I can't tell you what to do, but he sounds like he only cares about himself, and doesn't want to help provide/pay for meals for you, or help you do anything.

He doesn't offer to cook you meals or do sweet things for you, like you do for him.

He sounds like he would be very much the over jealous type of boyfriend later on.

And he just sounds rude to me personally, sorry.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE