GUYS - I asked a guy out said yes-then never replied...

I've known this guy for about 2 years, we used to work together until he found a different job and quit which was about 9 or so months ago. We would flirt all the time at work, never exchanged numbers because at the time I was seeing someone. Over the past 2-3 months we have been running into each other often, small talk, how are you, how's work, what have you been up to, type thing and always a lot of eye contact. Well my sister recently moved into a condo and again I run into him there, come to find out he lives in the same building as her. Almost every time I have gone over there as I am coming in or going out he is doing the same thing, he always approaches me sometimes before I even get out of the car. We exchanged numbers the first time we seen each other in the parking lot, he said give me a call sometime... (never have) within the next few weeks my friend is moving and needs help, well he has a truck, I mentioned it to him if he would be willing to help he said and e time just let him know. Well the other day I was over there then left and my daughter forgot her homework on the kitchen table so we had to go back and sure enough he was pulling in the same time I was, I pulled up let my daughter run in get her homework I stayed in the car. He again approached me small talk, a lot of eye contact as usual with him saying call me sometime "my name" before I left. The following day I called he didn't answer he called back within 10 mins, I didn't (honestly) hear my phone. Then he text hey I was at work, do you need help moving? Which was not why I was calling, I was calling to find out if he wanted to go out for a drink or hang out. So I text back and said, no actually I was calling to see if you want to go have a drink later, his answer, yes when and where? me, later tonight 10, I can't I have to work at 5 am, so I then text back, well how's tomorrow night. I never got a text back. Not sure what to do at this point, its now been 3 days and I haven't heard from him, Should I just wait considering I've already given the initial invitation or should I try again? I'm really confused as to what I should do or not do. I mean he answered with a straight YES not a maybe not a we'll see, sure, whatever. As my thinking if he wasn't interested why not just say NO. I really like him and thought the feeling was mutual but now I'm not too sure... What should/shouldn't I do at this point? Oh one more thing, my sister watches my daughter on the weekend while I work, I'm afraid of running into him and it being awkward

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• could be something innocent. Sometimes texts fail to send, sometimes, you read them and mean to reply later but never get around to it, could be he's just super busy lately or, my main guess, he didn't see your text until it was already too late.

You do sound like you're being a bit over eager I must say, planning things for TONIGHT or tomorrow. You should plan for things further down the line, a lot easier to agree to a plan someone suggests if its "Lets go drinking next weekend!" rather than it happening today- I hate changing my plans on the day, especially if its for something so major as seeing a girl I'm interested in.

0|0
    0|0
    • Thought about that after the fact, kicked myself in the ass for not setting it up for the weekend and not the now/ later today .

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• 1)He was in a relationship,

2)Can't be bothered (he was an arse)

3)Secretly gay

4)Had his eye on another girl...sorry man!

5)Busy

Congratulations you have found a guy who is one of a kind. Now you know not to attract any closet seeking men secretly eying someone else up while he bangs his disappointed girlfriend because he doesn't know what he wants from a proper girl who want a real relationship.

Don't talk to him, not worth it until it's too late for him!.

0|0
    0|0
  • if he didn't answer it means that either he is busy or he is in relationship with someone else. it is normal for many guys to have relationship with one girl and flirt with another girl. I think he is avoiding you for some reason...

0|0
    0|0
    • Good point. I have never asked about him being in a relationship...

• You have a weird situation but if I were you I would just tell him because if he said yes then you know he likes you so there must be some other reason why he didn't answer you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well as its been a few days, text him saying, "I take that as a NO then" OK let me know if your up for it, I will leave it up to you, this way it reminds him of the first convo, and should make him realize that he did not reply, but also it takes the pressure from you into having to say anything more about the situation, and that if he does not mention it, then you don't have to bring it up, but hte two of you can continue as before, without the awkwardness being generated, so just send a text innocently, and pass the choices to him to let you know, at least if he doesn't mention it again, you know where you stand and you don't have to avoid him due to unknown reactions,x

0|0
    0|0
  • It could be that you have a daughter.

0|0
    0|0
  • he was probably busy or he couldn't at that moment. You should try again one more time maybe in person? If he says no or some other excuse you would know why instead of wondering what happened. Most likely he couldn't at that moment because he had something else to do

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes