relationship or friends?

SO CONFUSED...this giy and I have been seeing each other since Jan off and on. He has been divorced about 4 years and has a crazy ex. She rules his life, as they have 2 children together and he has to jump through her hoops to see them. We are in a sexual relationship that he has requested to be exclusive. Are children hang out, I stay at his house for weeks on end, even now have a house key. He says we are friends, and that he doesn't want a relationship. We have NEVER had an argument, are making plans for summertime together, with out kids, and I might be falling in love with him. I am trying not to over think this...I need advice...

just got even more confusing...last night, after a wonderful day, we were laying in bed watchin a movie, and he said something about us "dating", then he looked at me with this "oh sh*t" expression...I didn't comment on his slip up, but if I had said that,. all hell would have broke loose! What the hell is up with that?

11

Most Helpful Guy

• He has loads of stress from his ex and doesn't want any added relationship stress

Try not to pressure him soon abou tyour relationship. It will be clear to him you're falling for him; you don't need to tell him that.

Give him time to process all the changes in his life. But of course, at some point you'll have to ask him to talk about your future together...

Try to be tentative about broaching the subject. Of course, he knows you want to have this conversation; it won't surprise him.

Maybe he will also be ready to talk afrter a few months.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Thank you! Sometimes I think that we already know the answer, it just makes a whole lot more sense when someone else says it!

• Thanks for the best answer, Jax!