What's the best way to get an ex boyfriend interested again?

My ex and I broke up like 10 months ago. I only had a mild crush on him as friends. He had a huge crush on me, and pursued me very hard until I said yes. We ended up having an amazing relationship for almost a year. Then he got scared and broke it off. He said, this was his first real relationship, and he doesn't want to commit because he has a lot of schooling to do, and a career to start etc. I could tell how hard this breakup was for him to do, but in his head, it was the logical decision.

We had to see each other everyday after the breakup, because we worked together. It was a loooong breakup process. He kept pushing for friendship...I kept pushing for a relationship. There were a lot of tears and argument. One day, he got so mad, he told me he'll never date me again, and I should just move on forever.

Ever since he said that, I have left him completely alone, even though I see him everyday. Nowdays, I only see him once a week, because we don't work in the same area anymore. Things have cooled down now. He still comes up to me to make conversation. He has asked me before why I'm so cold to him. He says he still cares about me, but not in "that" way.

I still think about him a lot! I don't think he thinks about me. I don't know where things went wrong. I miss him and want him back. What can I do to get him interested again? How can I tell if he has any feelings left?

02