Why doesn't my ex give me my pictures and sentimental gifts back?

After breaking up, he met a girl at a club and made her his girlfriend with only knowing her for less than a month. I do not want him back. I wish to never have him in my life ever again. All I want is the sentimental gifts I've given to him, but he won't give them back. I don't understand why. I feel him having my pictures and those gifts keeps us connected in some way. I just want them back so the connection would be gone. I'll probably burn them or something .

Also! He won't say that he doesn't love me anymore - which I can't understand that either . Also, when I asked him if he wants a new girlfriend, he would just say no. - I don't understand why he just couldn't be straight up .

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Asking for pictures you've given him/sentimental gifts is kinda out of the question of getting back. They might mean a lot to him. Him having those shouldn't effect how you feel though unless you still feel something for him, and in that case don't talk to him.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • True , I just can't comprehend why he would want to have them still. But I guess I'll never know why. I probably want it back just cause this happened just 2 days ago. But in time I'm sure I'll stop caring about it completely

• Show All
    • In my honest opinion he probably just doesn't want to forget about you. Sometimes it's too much to just get rid of every shred of evidence that you were in love with someone. He's probably just not ready to fully let you go yet. Give it time :)

• Thank you for your honest answer. It has truly helped me out <3

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• Just stop contacting him. He'll move on.

Why does this "connection" matter? If you stop contacting him, this connection will be over for you. What he does is his business/problem.

0|0
    0|0
  • He prob doesn't want to give it back because its the memories of when you both were together. both me and my ex still have pictures and gifts we both gave each other when we were together.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• Girly,its time to get a reality check.

#1.Gifts?Are you kidding?Its something you willingly gave,and people don't usually give back gifts...especially after a breakup.He will likely just throw them away...if that.

#2.He SHOULD give you your pics back,but depending on how messy the breakup is...you may or may not get them back.

#3.This whole "pics and gifts connection" thing is something you are creating in your OWN mind.Its just material things,and all you're really doing is perpetuating the hurt of the situation.But as I said,he should give the pics back.

#4.Why would he say that he still loves you?If he did,you guys would still be together.Even though he is with a new girl (who is MOST likely a rebound),his feelings for you have changed.What's difficult to understand here?If he was interested in you,you guys would be together.

You're causing more drama for yourself than necessary.Cut the cord and stop trying to figure out why this and why that.You guys are done.Try and get your pics back.Good luck.

0|0
    0|0
  • he doesn't want to cut you off completely in case this NEW thing doesn't work,dont worry about your things,pretend you burned them already and move on.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just leave him alone.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes