Why doesn't my ex give me my pictures and sentimental gifts back?

After breaking up, he met a girl at a club and made her his girlfriend with only knowing her for less than a month. I do not want him back. I wish to never have him in my life ever again. All I want is the sentimental gifts I've given to him, but he won't give them back. I don't understand why. I feel him having my pictures and those gifts keeps us connected in some way. I just want them back so the connection would be gone. I'll probably burn them or something .

Also! He won't say that he doesn't love me anymore - which I can't understand that either . Also, when I asked him if he wants a new girlfriend, he would just say no. - I don't understand why he just couldn't be straight up .

33

Most Helpful Guy

• Asking for pictures you've given him/sentimental gifts is kinda out of the question of getting back. They might mean a lot to him. Him having those shouldn't effect how you feel though unless you still feel something for him, and in that case don't talk to him.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • True , I just can't comprehend why he would want to have them still. But I guess I'll never know why. I probably want it back just cause this happened just 2 days ago. But in time I'm sure I'll stop caring about it completely

• In my honest opinion he probably just doesn't want to forget about you. Sometimes it's too much to just get rid of every shred of evidence that you were in love with someone. He's probably just not ready to fully let you go yet. Give it time :)

• Thank you for your honest answer. It has truly helped me out <3