Ex being super rude randomly...?

So he just broke up with me a month ago, and he has been very nice to me and every day has made more of an attempt to talk to me because he told one of my friends he wants to start over with me. Prom is coming up and I'm going with this guy out of school. I talked to my ex after school a bit just joking around, then out of the blue he rudely said "So I hear your taking your new boyfriend I mean Brendon(my prom dates name) to prom just because he's attractive? I finally found someone more shallow than me!" It was really rude and embarrassing because we were around my friends. Right afterward after everything quieted down he asked me how I was. I wanted to say obviously not well because that was a jerk move, but I just said good. he's asked me that question like four times and I've always just said good but he seemed pretty ticked off at that response like he wanted me to tell him how I felt. I have no clue how to handle this and one of my problems is opening up to him because I always feel like he's going to judge me on whatever I say. every time I've spoken a word since our break up even if its not to him or if its across the room, he responds to every single thing I say. I think its good that he wants to start over because I still like him, but I don't know how to open up to him when I feel like he's going to be judgmental and I know a relationship won't work if I can't fix this.

22

Most Helpful Girl

• first of all,you heard he wanted to start over from someone else not him..you need to go on to the prom with the other guy and let your ex grow some nads and tell you himself ,after all he broke up with you not the other way around,he was being sarcastic around your friends because he feels threatened,u are doing the right thing by moving on..u are a diamond and he didn't see you shine until another dude did...let him fester in his crap for a while..maybe he will drop his stupid EGO (edging God Out) and finally tell you where his head is at and hopefully his heart..if he is rude again,just walk away.