Boyfriend doesn't want to spend time with me

So I'm practically living with my boyfriend of three years for eight months and everything has been fine until a few months ago. He acts like me staying in his room bothers him now but he's really subtle about it. I know he's busy with ROTC and school work but I'm busy with my school work too. I leave in the morning and come back in the kat afternoon. He says that I'm always there when he's there. He won't do anything with me besides just ordering food and watching tv. I constantly ask to go and do things and he always says he's busy but he'll go and hang out with his friends all night. He always says it's because I see him more than his friends do but just because we're in the same room together does not mean we're spending time together but he doesn't see it that way. He makes me feel like I am suffocating him but I don't why or how. What do I to make him desire to spend more time with me like he used to?

31

Most Helpful Girl

• Get your own place. No, really- and I'm not being mean. Unless you moved in with him on purpose after a deliberate talk about cohabitating, he probably feels like you oozed your way into his domain without his permission. I'm not saying he literally believes you tricked him or whatever, but I can tell you that it might FEEL that way to him. It's how I felt when it happened to me. I felt resentful and angry because my area, my space- wasn't mine anymore. And it made me feel worse that I had to feel like that about a person I cared about. I loved that guy, but I wasn't ready for that level of commitment. Maybe he isn't either but doesn't feel like he can be candid with you. Maybe he wants you out of his house but not out of his life.

• thank you that's what I'll probably do.