Is a rumor enough to end a relationship?

My ex who I'm still very good friends with but unfortunately also still in love with, recently took up with yet another guy. She just got out of a very nasty relationship maybe a month ago, saying she doesn't want to date for a very long time. Yet here she is dating some guy she just met. Here's where the rumor part comes in. She's confused about this new guy because she heard a rumor he made out with another guy at a party. Not a particularly big problem imo, but it really bothers her for some reason. Now personally I'm hoping it is true and he admits to be being bi or gay, not that there's anything wrong with that, and they break up, but that's because I want my ex back more than anything.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't care what anybody says. Friends and ex lovers cannot and will not ever work. When are you going to GET IT. She doesn't want you no matter what her situation or circumstances are.

There is NOT one case where someone broke up with someone EVEN ONCE and are back to together perfectly happy and not just settling because the others didn't pan out.

You started out this Question saying" yet another guy" !

Dude move on you do not need that. She didn't want you and doesn't otherwise these guys (no matter how messed up) have a better chance with her than you did.

Do NOT kid yourself any longer you are not close not how you think or want it at least !

Sorry but seriously dude man up, and go find a woman that is waiting for you.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 3

• A relationship shouldn't end on the basis of a rumor without at least talking about it first. I know sometimes rumors can threaten the end of relationships and friendships, but they shouldn't end them without confirmation.

0|0
    0|0
  • Um...YES! Rumors take control of everything and then everything is ruined. It just recently happened to me. I'd just say try your best,and explain to her. Good luck

0|0
    0|0
  • Who knows, you will just have to wait and see, won't you? Or you can grow a pair of balls and do something about it !

0|0
    0|1

What Guys Said 6

• The first thing they need to do is talk about it and try to either confirm or dispel the rumors. If they mean anything to each other they have to communicate their concerns and fears and try to work on any amicable solutions.

Personally, if a relationship ends based on rumors or hearsay then there was never really any relationship to begin with. Your partner should almost always get benefit of the doubt unless proven otherwise.

0|0
    0|0
  • Relationships have ended for a lot less

lol @ really bother her for some reason. I'm sure most girls would have an issue dating a guy who bats for both sides...That sh*t is only cool when your girl does it.

0|0
    0|0
  • A relationship shouldn't end on here-say about a rumor...at the very least, one should ask the other about it to gauge the reaction to decipher if the rumor is true or made-up.

0|0
    0|0
  • I really have lost a lot of respect for you and your ex. If the guy is bi and he has a good personality and is loving and caring, why does it matter to her or you?

0|0
    0|0
    • If he was in a relationship with her at the time, it doesn't matter if he's bi. He shouldn't be kissing other people no matter what their gender is.

• Show All
    • its all about preference and who you idealy see yourself with in the future. everyone has that vision of the type of person that fits best with them. I don't think you should loose respect just because somone has a prefrence and you are not it, because you yourself also have a preference and there are plenty of people out there that do not fit your ideal, that doesn't mean they should respect you any less.

• Personally, although I'm sure bi guys can be decent human beings and can be great friends or even boyfriends, I am just not a strong enough woman to handle a bi guy (relationship-wise) so I choose not to. I think a bi guy would be much happier in relationship with someone who is not as particular as I am and therefor should not consider me as serious long term relationship material, however a bi guy and I can be best friends and have all sorts of fun together... Hope I helped you understand a bit

• There usually is no smoke without fires.

0|0
    0|0
  • Rumors is really a bad basis for a relationship to end.

The truth is always there, you simply have to ask.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes