SO done with this. I need opinions on what to do!

This is long, but bear with me!

I have a "friend" who I literally did everything for this year. She found out she needed surgery, I got her a card/gift. She needed alcohol for her birthday, so as a gift I got her LCBO cards. She found out she couldn't play softball anymore, I decorated a softball with her name and gave it to her with Jennie Finch's book and a Blue Jays magazine. She has given me nothing in return. I did a lot for her and all I want in return is her time. I just want her to spend time with me because she always makes me laugh. Instead?

Instead, she would rather have me text her than talk face-to-face. She always says "you've done too much for me and I don't know how to pay you back" when honestly all I want is time to actually talk to her. I just want time to be one on one with her because we always share so many laughs and funny moments. I asked her to go for lunch with me the other day, and she said "no I will not go. you have done too much for me" and it is SO frustrating because I really just want her to come with me so that we can spend time together, I don't consider it "doing something for her" and it's frustrating that she won't see it my way.

How do I tell her I want to spend time with her? How do I tell her that in return for everything I've done I REALLY just want to spend time with her? She doesn't get it and it is extremely frustrating. How do I explain it to her? Please help!

32

Most Helpful Guy

• When she says "You've done too much for me.", I would respond with "That's what friends do and friends also HANG OUT! So let's f***ing hang out!". It sounds like an excuse to me though. A verrrrrry poor one at that.

• I was thinking that it was an excuse too. How do I tell her I literally just want time with her though? Without seeming demanding. I mean...I did SO much for her and all I want in return is time. That's all.

• You're so right! I never thought of that. I DO have that right because I did so many things for her. Thank you so much!

• Glad to help!