Ever been able to stay friends with an ex?

In my first two relationships it didn't work at all ha ha but with this last one I think it has a chance of working out (: we don't have to stay friends but it would be nice, seeing as we were with each other for a pretty long time and cared about each other during the relationship. What do you think?
Updates:
We broke up because long distance was being sucky like usual /: and we think for now it's the best to just be friends

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. It all depends on how they became the ex and that is to begin with

2. If the separation has not been mutually considered but has been a mess then there's obviously no question of being friends :)

3. Assuming it's been a logical and/or rational decision to separate, there's no harm in being friends just as long as both of them know what it's all about & not become involved again in any way thus messing things up for each other. Also to consider is that if one or both of them are in a relationship with someone else who may not take it lightly their being friends with an ex

4. But yes it's very much possible to be friends with an ex and it can turn out good too

5. Personally I'd always be friends with my ex(es) and not indulge myself beyond friendship (depends on factors too)

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 11

• I think it's a bad idea. Look you shared everything with a person and we you break up that means for good. If you want any relationship with him what's so ever that means you want him back. Because you gotta realize that when it comes to relationships with special people it's either your all in or all out. There is no in between.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well I was with my ex girlfriend for about eight years and cared for each other a lot. We broke up because our lives were going in different directions and it was putting strain on our relationship and we were fighting more and more so we decided to split up. We are still friends and we help each other out whenever we need help. Unfortunately we don't see each other a lot because we're trying to stay away from each other because we probably still have a lot of feelings for each other and it would probably be to tough to see each other too much.

So yes it's possible at least in my case.

0|0
    0|0
  • Never ever it can never end well for me for some reason either way what's the point usually you break up when you stop liking each other.

0|0
    0|0
  • it worked for awhile, because I KNEW she'd give me a 2nd chance

after that, nope. There's no need

0|0
    0|0
  • never happend with me

0|0
    0|0
  • not really.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah once your over don't stay in contact

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I still am, but it is never the same

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm still friend with all my exs, si i think yes is your answer

0|0
    0|0
  • I've always been friends with my ex.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ex's for a reason. I wish them all the best, just not with me.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• It depends. If I feel like I've been wronged, then you can be sure I'm cutting you out of my life for good. Out of my 4 exes, I'm "friends" with only one of them. I put that in quotes because I consider him more of an acquaintance. He reaches out sometimes, but I could care less about reaching out to him. And even though I will never want to get back with him, I have a soft spot for him. The other exes can go f*** themselves.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, funny all my relationships always end in a huge fight

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope even though he wished to, I prefer a clean cut

0|0
    0|0
  • my ex is one of my best friends

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes