Ever been able to stay friends with an ex?

In my first two relationships it didn't work at all ha ha but with this last one I think it has a chance of working out (: we don't have to stay friends but it would be nice, seeing as we were with each other for a pretty long time and cared about each other during the relationship. What do you think?
We broke up because long distance was being sucky like usual /: and we think for now it's the best to just be friends

412

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. It all depends on how they became the ex and that is to begin with

2. If the separation has not been mutually considered but has been a mess then there's obviously no question of being friends :)

3. Assuming it's been a logical and/or rational decision to separate, there's no harm in being friends just as long as both of them know what it's all about & not become involved again in any way thus messing things up for each other. Also to consider is that if one or both of them are in a relationship with someone else who may not take it lightly their being friends with an ex

4. But yes it's very much possible to be friends with an ex and it can turn out good too

5. Personally I'd always be friends with my ex(es) and not indulge myself beyond friendship (depends on factors too)