Would you ever support someone, when you were struggling to get by, at a young age?

My ex who was bad news is now in a relationship with this girl he's supporting. He makes not much more than minimum wage, doesn't have a college degree and is 24. She did so bad in school she had to withdraw from all her classes and is going to be very in debt for a long time. Now she makes very little and is in school. He is supporting her, even though he can't afford anything else anymore. I actually feel bad for him even though I am still spiteful. They haven't been going out that long. Am I crazy because I would never be that selfless?

11