It's over but I still miss him

My boyfriend and I broke up a week ago because he found out that I cheated on him once. I know it is my fault, but I really like him, and I want to get back together with him. I think he still likes me but I am not sure. The thing is, I really miss him, but I wanted to know if I should try to get back together or just forget about it...

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You cheated on him, and no doubt he feels like he can't trust you anymore. Even if he still loves you, he feels hurt that you cheated on him and broke his trust. No doubt he doesn't even know if you even love him or love him anymore.

Was the cheating accidental or intentional? If you still love him, you will go through some difficult times, but what you're going through probably isn't as hard as what your ex boyfriend is going through.

The only way things will work again is if you really honestly profess your sorrow, guilt, and regret. Only by really being honest with your feelings to him can you have another chance at making the relationship work again. And time can heal what has been broken.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• I have been in a few long term relationships. I have cheated before and I have been cheated on. The only thing that will overcome the break in trust is Love. No where in your comment did you mentionlove. I would take it as a lesson learned and move on. Just liking someone and wanting to be with them is not enough. Sorry I know how you feel.

0|0
    0|0
  • If he broke up because you cheated, I doubt he'll want to take you back. Best to let it lie, and if he comes back, he comes back.

0|1
    0|0
  • sllutt

0|1
    0|0
  • My girl cheated on me, she appears to show little remorse and is going out with the guy now, 2 weeks after the breakup, I'm not a cheater and hate the idea, why do people cheat? You have destroyed something special, guys have emotions as well even though we may not show it, I personally felt betrayed and my heart was left in pieces. I think some girls do some awful things.

0|0
    0|0
  • This is so stupid. You like him but you cheated on him

...says the girl who has "Michigan, Italy" as her location...

I find this to be bullcrap and I'm calling it out

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• You can convey your feelings for him for the final time.

But if his mind is made up, there's not much you can do.

Try writing a letter expressing your thoughts to him,

Or ask to meet up with him to do so.

Whatever he chooses to do, respect his choice

(At least you got everything off of your chest),And hopefully

Learn to make better choices.

0|0
    0|0
  • u cheated on him

that is a breach of trust

he ain't going to want you back

my ex did that to me

hell no I wouldn't want him back

0|0
    0|0
  • Forget about it. You're over 45 and you say "but I really like him", not "I love him". So either the relationship hadn't lasted very long or it was surprisingly casual. This "I think he still likes me" talk sounds like its coming from someone who is like 18 years old. C'mon. We're mature enough to know when a relationship has lasting potential and when it doesn't. It's pretty clear from your word choices and your behavior choices that you didn't think this one had lasting potential. So let it go so he can find a relationship that does.

0|1
    0|0
  • forget about it. use this as a lesson learned not to cheat.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes