My mother basically kicked me out with no warning.

What do I do?

I'm at university right now. I went home last weekend to start bringing my stuff home since term ends in a month. I walk in with my things and there's all my stuff I'd left at home in boxes.

I was very confused. When I asked her what was going on, she said that I needed to find a different place to keep my things. I went in my room to find that it was bare. She literally packed up all my things. If not for the bed in there, you wouldn't know it was a bedroom.

She told me I couldn't keep my stuff there anymore. My dad told her she was being unreasonable, but she wouldn't listen.

So right now all my things are at my grandmother's house down the road. She told me I could keep it there "for a while" but not forever.

I don't know what to do right now. I am 19 years old, a freshman in college, and currently have $600 to my name. I'm starting a job at minimum wage this summer but I don't think that's enough to cover my living.

I've tried reasoning with her, but she's not budging. So basically she kicked me out.

I have $600 to cover myself for then next six weeks. I have to put gas in my truck and that's $100 bucks a pop.

All apartments/places to rent in my neighborhood are around 400-600 a month. I can't afford that. That'd leave me with like $200 for food and gas and everything. (Once I get my job).

And if I move out, my parents will stop paying for my schooling. So I can't go back.

What do I do?

Any advice on how to reason with her to let me move back in? Or how to manage my money so I don't go broke?

I don't even know why she did what she did. We haven't fought, I never upset her...I just don't get it.

I was planning on moving out eventually. But like when I'm 22, not 19. I'm just shocked.

Advice?

31

Most Helpful Girl

• Well that happened to my mom when she was that age. She just did what she had to to survive. She worked two jobs and put college on hold. She said that having a place to stay and food to eat was more important. Granted my dads parents took her in over the summer (very very taboo back then) so she could save money to go back that fall. I would just look into getting another job, living cheap, and crashing on a couch for a few weeks till you find an apt. I know it can be hard, but other people have done it including several I know that had that happen when they were younger and had a baby to think of.