Why would a guy do this?

I dated this guy for about 8 months ,we both fell hard for each other he broke up with me said he wasn't the right guy for me I deserve better. I haven't seen or spoken to him in 6 months, I ran into him at a friends party he was drinking told me he still loves me & misses me but doesn't want a relationship with anyone . Which is fine I'm not looking to get back with him we agreed to be friends. He started calling & texting me all week small talk . Then suddenly he text not a good idea talking again lets leave it where it was. What is with this guy ? We were talking everything was fine then act like I did something wrong & he hates me anyone have an idea what it could be? It's not a sex thing either we never slept together.

05

Most Helpful Guy

• The run in at the party was an unintended run in for both of you. Him being under the influence does cloud things a bit. I can't be sure if he was just trying to not make you feel rejected by telling you he still loves you or what...?

Seems that if he did in fact really still "love" you, he would not have stopped dead in his tracks while texting you like he did. It sounds like what "love" he may have had for you was not very deep anytime during the original 8 month relationship. It was most likely the "endorphins" that get stirred up in any new relationship that was responsible for what he is now referring to as "love". This apparently is not happening in his brain anymore and therefore he really don't currently have that same feeling that he thought was "love". The best I can conclude is that the relationship did not get well rooted in any lasting way that normally would take place during the initial dating period, had there been much more you two enjoyed about one another.. ..like more things in common you would love to do together..