Would you take back a cheater?

Girls and guys, would you take back your girlfriend/boyfriend/husband/wife/etc if he or she cheated? Or would you break up?

I would definitely break up. IMO, it's such a fundamental betrayal that it can't be forgiven. All trust would be broken. I would feel annoyed at even having to be in the same room as her, and I would even feel physically/sexually disgusted by the sight of her. Luckily, it's never happened to me though.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• No, if we are just dating and they cheat all bets are off the table. We will not be getting back together. Even if they claim that they will never do it again my ultimate goal in a relationship is to be together for a long time... I just can't do that worrying about you possibly cheating again.

When it comes to a husband cheating I'm not sure what I would do... I guess it depends on if we have kids or not. No kids, I would probably divorce.

0|1
    0|1
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 5

• You think like that because it never happen to you. Sometimes, your boyfriend/girlfriend say that he/she regrets sincerely so you decide to forgive because you still love him/her. The problem is when it happen many times, there is a moment where you have to realize that he/she doesn't respect you anymore so you have to break up even if you still love them and it hurt a lot.

Decide to break up with someone that you love is not an easy decision even he/she has done something wrong to you.

1|0
    0|0
  • Everyone make mistakes,and everyone deserve a 1st,2nd chance if he/she both blew it then 3rd chance better not exist ,as we all learn from all the mistakes others will think that's its okay they will have a chance, but others maybe don't know how to value moral,trust and respect, god bless.

1|0
    0|1
    • This time , cheaters are not supposed to prove to us they won't do it again but they gotta prove their self that they won't betray us again? (Does this make sense?)

• This happened to me recently. I would never take him back I told him to never talk to me again. You shouldn't want to be with someone who isn't loyal to you!

0|1
    0|1
  • Its a big NO.. I can forgive him but taking him back is a no no to me. There's no point on starting again if you can't trust him.

0|1
    0|1
  • No you cheat on me & your gone bye bye .

0|1
    0|1

What Guys Said 4

• You bet dude. There are so many girls in this world that would be faithful to you there is no point in dealing with one that's already shown herself to be a rotten apple.

BTW: one in 10 children born in the US are not biologically related to the birth father. Think about that!

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't take her back, my ex cheated and to this day would not apologize or own up to it. She's a lier and I could never forgive her. I would one day want to hear her out and explain what she's done though.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think so. Once I got out of jail for breaking his neck, I doubt I would want to go back to a useless cheating bitch. I'd just end up back in jail again because once a cheater, always a cheater. They aren't ever going to magically change.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have before, and it worked out nicely. Yes, EVERYTHING hurt bad and she felt like a totally different individual afterward. However, her cheating wasn't serious (she got drunk and felt up and was felt up by some guy at a party). Also, she made up everything after the fact by giving me my space and doing things for me that showed she actually cared this time around. We eventually broke up 10 months later because I had to move after high school.

out of the 3 relationships I've been in, 2 were cheaters and the current one I haven't had any issues with yet (hopefully a wife later on). This incident with me taking her back was the first girlfriend I had, the second cheater was dumped.

1|0
    1|0

Recommended myTakes