Boyfriend broke up with me during argument and now denies it

My boyfriend and I had an argument...he blew up and said he was "Done...didn't want to deal with this anymore". He disapears for a week and then texts me to ask if I'm happy without him around. he denies breaking up with me.

I have been so upset about the whole thing as we didn't talk and I figured it was over. I didn't chase after him as I figured if he doesn't want to be with me, then I'm not going to go running after him. So now I feel stuck. We spoke yesterday two days after he contacted me. He's acting like everything is completely fine. I told him a couple times that he knows exactly what he did, and that he did break up with me.

I was so sad and hurt by this as I thought it was over. I don't think he gets it. Not sure if I should check out for a week or what to do.

Any advice is appreciated

11