My boyfriend won't introduce me to the female side of his fam.

I have been with my boyfriend bout 3 years now. All my fam lives out of state. I am not really close with my family cept my brother. My boyfriend has some family that lives here. His brother and his wife and their 2 children. His uncle his wife and their 3 kids. His uncle has another child from a previous relationship. and another single uncle that lives with my bf.They are pretty religious people I d say. They go to church every Wednesday and Sunday. My boyfriend doesn't and I don't. We don't live together either. He has introduced me to the male part of his family but not female. I don't understand why frankly. I have two kids from a previous relatioship. My boyfriend has 3 from previous relationship. If I haven't even been introduced but yet the women know who I am treat me like I don't exist. I don't know these women. I see them and I say hi. but they answer me snotty? There are If they took the opportunity to know me before judging me that's different. Whos fault is it.. I sort of blame my bf.. for not acknowledging it .Still I asked him to introduce me as if I was important person. They don't have to like me. At least he is showing them how important I am. I always think its rumors over the years 2. I hear so much stuff about me .. I am surprised how people are so ignorant..I was in a bad marraige prior and my ex wanted to hurt me so he said a lot of crap.. a lot of people beleived. Who choses to believe its kinda sad.. they should have talked to me about it first instead of spreading more rumors. Maybe its that .. I stand up for myself but my boyfriend shys off so perhaps. I wish he would do it.. One time .. At least I am prepared.. I don't know

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• If his female relatives are immature enough to prejudge you and consequently dislike you, then perhaps they are immature enough to say or do something insulting to you, in which case your boyfriend may be keeping you away from them to keep the peace.

Most guys consider themselves fixers/problem solvers. With that said, guys don't like to get involved in women disputes, etc. if we personally can't resolve them. Perhaps your guy knows that the problem isn't fixable.

A proper introduction is the traditional, respectful thing to do; however, that only applies to ideal situations.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• I think mothers can be extremely judgmental of the woman their little boy brings home. Not always but it is all I can think of.

Thats why I have not had a girl friend for 6 years my mom will be so thankfull that I have agirl friend she won't care ;) HAA

Good luck to you

1|0
    0|0
  • girls are judgy in a way that boys arent. which isn't to say that boys aren't judgy, they just do it differently

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• He isn't defending you. It's been three years and he hasn't brought you around the family. And he isn't even defending you when these rumors come up. In my opinion, I don't think he's worth it. I'd say you deserve someone who would actually stand up for you and give you the love and respect you deserve. Seriously talk to him about this and get things sorted out. If that doesn't work, break it off and start over.

Best of luck xx

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes