Forever and ever, seriously or are you kidding me?

The other day I went to the shrink to talk about some issues which have affected me somehow. Among them there was a break-up I went through some time ago. After advising me to carry on, he said that the "scar" provoked by the break-up and the rejection will live FOREVER in me somehow. I always get stories about people moving on, finding new significant others and forgetting about the people they left behind (specially if they have hurt you). I really appreciated my talk with the shrink but that FOREVER thing made me wonder. What do you think?

11

Most Helpful Guy

• Literally, a scar can be painful or sensitive, if you touch it too much, or just a tiny reminder of an injury, that stays like a mark on your body.

Figuratively, the shrink is right about it, but it completely depends on you, whether it is the former or the latter.