Do guys worry about unreturned texts like girls do?

I met a guy in January of this year. We mostly have a casual relationship due to both of us being busy, and we hang out together when our schedules allow. We have a great time and have great conversations when we spend time together. We had tentative plans tonight for him to come over, but he text me to cancel this afternoon due to work and said we should try to do something next week when his work load gets a lot lighter.

Do I need to respond to that text? If I don't will he worry that I'm mad or do guys not think twice about that? I don't really have anything to say until he gets back to me next week.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You probably should text him.

Do I worry? No. I used to, but there's no point IMO worrying about things out of your control. That said, if I feel a girl is playing hard to get (from what you've written, I know you're not), I won't pursue her for very long. I don't like chasing, because I don't have the time, LOL.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• Yeah, a lot more than I would like to admit. If I text a response or some kind of question after and I get no response I wonder if she even got it or just doesn't care enough to reply. Kind of saddening and disheartening and I feel even more nervous about texting after that.

Even if you text him an 'ok' or maybe even a 'ok, did you have something in mind' or a 'ok, what about this' it would put my thoughts at ease.

0|1
    0|0
  • Slightly. But it's never an issue unless she didn't respond to something that could be negative or the like.

And yeah, it's best to respond to him so he knows you got the message, otherwise he might worry that you'll wait for him according to plan.

1|1
    0|0
  • I do I know you girls think you are clear about things. the things you do are clear to your friends because they are girls to guys have no idea what you are trying to tell us.

0|0
    0|0
  • ya respond definitely. I hate it when girls don't respond. although I've done it too. but I don't do it because I'm trying to play hard to get or etc like girls do

0|1
    0|0
  • dont worry so much. I doubt he's brooding over it, and if he is that's bad on him not you. I disagree with all the guys saying "you should" ... just do whatever comes natural and stop worrying so much

0|0
    0|0
  • You have no clue. Its the worst. I just keep rereading the conversation seeing where I could have f***ed up.

0|0
    0|1
  • I know I do. maybe cause I'm a clingy sob :/

0|0
    0|0
  • We do especially if we like the girl.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• I think anyone, if they are interested in the person, worry slightly when their attempts go unreturned.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would respond because he might not be sure if you got the message so he might worry that you still think you're hanging out. I would just say something casual like "sure, no problem, see you next week"

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes