Apparently my ex is comparing us?

So he broke up with me for another girl.

Basically, I have a new job... but I've had to keep my old job... so I'm working 6 days a week 10 hours a day, and I go to college on top of that. I didn't have much time. But I had evenings and he was always welcome to come and be with me.

He left me, saying he had feelings for someone else.

Well, I think the honeymoon phase is wearing off; I'm told he's not showering her with gifts anymore, and instead he has started comparing us. The one last night, he went to a place where a lot of my friends go and he said to his girlfriend "my ex used to sing" (I'm a musician, and I still sing!) and she got really upset.

I get the feeling this isn't the first time.

So, why is he comparing us? He left me for her, he chose her over me, why is he now comparing us?

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• His name isn't Richard is it? Because I'm about certain that he's a real Dick.

Comparing someone with a previous flame is a feces covered tear-down tactic, he's trying to attack her self confidence and make her feel like he's doing her a favor keeping her around.

If he shows up while you are performing, rehearse this song for him "(We Will Not) Remember You" by the old British punk-rock band "Anti Nowhere League", that should tell him just how you feel about him. :)

3|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• He sounds like they type of person who lives by "the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence". And he also sounds like a flake. NEXT

2|0
    0|0
  • It's because he just want to see why her new girl is better than you.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Chances are he chose her over you because he felt like there was no time and space for him in your life. I'm guessing he still wants you, but your time as well and since he felt like you couldn't give him the time he wants or needs, he shouldn't be with you anymore. So he found another girl who does have time for him, preferably someone like you. Hence the comparing.

But this is just my opinion.

0|0
    0|0
  • Guys will always compare their current girl with their ex. They are trying to measure if they've made any progress in their lives. It's not about getting you back, it's about him trying to see if he's done better in life or if he just made a lateral move (or worse, taken a step down). A wise friend once told me never to look back, and I never do where guys are concerned. If he was stupid enough to lose me, there's no point in pining over him. And if he left me for another woman? Well he's made his bed, now he has to lie in the stank of that skank and leave me the heck alone.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes