Apparently my ex is comparing us?

So he broke up with me for another girl.

Basically, I have a new job... but I've had to keep my old job... so I'm working 6 days a week 10 hours a day, and I go to college on top of that. I didn't have much time. But I had evenings and he was always welcome to come and be with me.

He left me, saying he had feelings for someone else.

Well, I think the honeymoon phase is wearing off; I'm told he's not showering her with gifts anymore, and instead he has started comparing us. The one last night, he went to a place where a lot of my friends go and he said to his girlfriend "my ex used to sing" (I'm a musician, and I still sing!) and she got really upset.

I get the feeling this isn't the first time.

So, why is he comparing us? He left me for her, he chose her over me, why is he now comparing us?

23

Most Helpful Guy

• His name isn't Richard is it? Because I'm about certain that he's a real Dick.

Comparing someone with a previous flame is a feces covered tear-down tactic, he's trying to attack her self confidence and make her feel like he's doing her a favor keeping her around.

If he shows up while you are performing, rehearse this song for him "(We Will Not) Remember You" by the old British punk-rock band "Anti Nowhere League", that should tell him just how you feel about him. :)