My boyfriend wanted to take a break

so my boyfriend told me he wanted to take a break Because he thinks we bicker to much. But it only lasted for an hour then we were back together after an hour. We didn't break up we just took a break but I am really hurt he wanted a break from me I feel like he doesn't love me if he could just take a break Because if he loved me like he says he dohe wouldn't of wanted to take a break. I am really upset about him wanting to take a break. He says he loves me way more he loved anyone else but he never took a break with anyone else how do I get past that I am the only girl he took a break with and he couldn't break up with his exs

24

Most Helpful Girl

• Okay...deep breaths, honey. Relax.

You seem like such a sweet heart, so I'm going to let you in on a little secret. You need to calm down. People take breaks. It happens. Instead of constantly fighting, you need to address the cause of your fighting. Stop going over the same problems. Talk about a problem, come to a conclusion about how you two can resolve it, and get over it. That's how people stay together for a long time. If you constantly fight about the same things, you will get sick of each other!

And don't ever assume that you know what he's thinking. "He doesn't love me if he could just take a break, because if he loved me like he says he does, he wouldn't have wanted to take a break." OH really? How do you know what he's thinking, or why he did what he did? If he says he loves you, beleive him. Stop questioning it. People who love each other still fight. That's part of an adult relationship. And part of being in an adult relationship is not putitng words in each others' mouths or using ultimatums. You two got back together, and I'm so happy for you. Take this opportunity to work on your communication skills. You two are obviously both crazy about each other, and that can cause conflict too. Passionate relationships can often involve a lot of bickering until both people learn to give and take. You're not his exes. Don't even think about his exes. He's with you. And he's STILL with you, so he loves you. The big problem here is... What is the thing (or things) you two keep fighting about? Sit down and calmly talk about it. No yelling or accusing. Just say "When you did ____, it made me feel like _____." Then let him give his say. If you want him to make a change in his behavior , then ask. "Hey John, please dont' _____. It hurt my feelings because ______." And when he does the same, agree to make a compromise. Compromise is the key to every relationship, and if you guys practice, I'm sure you guys can make it work. Good luck!