My boyfriend wanted to take a break

so my boyfriend told me he wanted to take a break Because he thinks we bicker to much. But it only lasted for an hour then we were back together after an hour. We didn't break up we just took a break but I am really hurt he wanted a break from me I feel like he doesn't love me if he could just take a break Because if he loved me like he says he dohe wouldn't of wanted to take a break. I am really upset about him wanting to take a break. He says he loves me way more he loved anyone else but he never took a break with anyone else how do I get past that I am the only girl he took a break with and he couldn't break up with his exs

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Okay...deep breaths, honey. Relax.

You seem like such a sweet heart, so I'm going to let you in on a little secret. You need to calm down. People take breaks. It happens. Instead of constantly fighting, you need to address the cause of your fighting. Stop going over the same problems. Talk about a problem, come to a conclusion about how you two can resolve it, and get over it. That's how people stay together for a long time. If you constantly fight about the same things, you will get sick of each other!

And don't ever assume that you know what he's thinking. "He doesn't love me if he could just take a break, because if he loved me like he says he does, he wouldn't have wanted to take a break." OH really? How do you know what he's thinking, or why he did what he did? If he says he loves you, beleive him. Stop questioning it. People who love each other still fight. That's part of an adult relationship. And part of being in an adult relationship is not putitng words in each others' mouths or using ultimatums. You two got back together, and I'm so happy for you. Take this opportunity to work on your communication skills. You two are obviously both crazy about each other, and that can cause conflict too. Passionate relationships can often involve a lot of bickering until both people learn to give and take. You're not his exes. Don't even think about his exes. He's with you. And he's STILL with you, so he loves you. The big problem here is... What is the thing (or things) you two keep fighting about? Sit down and calmly talk about it. No yelling or accusing. Just say "When you did ____, it made me feel like _____." Then let him give his say. If you want him to make a change in his behavior , then ask. "Hey John, please dont' _____. It hurt my feelings because ______." And when he does the same, agree to make a compromise. Compromise is the key to every relationship, and if you guys practice, I'm sure you guys can make it work. Good luck!

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• It is normal to need a little space once in a while. I wouldn't even consider one hour a real break. I could understand your being upset if he had taken a break for a week, or if he had used the break as an excuse to have sex with another girl. But he just needed some time so the two of you could calm down. You need to identify what is causing your fights, and work on resolving those issues.

0|0
    0|0
  • From my experience, a "break" is wanting to be single but not adding the last word to it.

Going on a break with someone is stinging them along, because you get to do what you want guiltfree but the other person is more likely to stay faithful

It's normal to want some ace occasionally but. Break is different.

0|0
    0|0
  • He's really into you.

He just decided to say those words in the spur of the moment.

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• the break lasted an hour?

thats normal. people take much longer breaks without even calling it a break. just I'm going to fora walk hike jog think play basketball swim play tennis read a book... its nothing.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes