Was she hurt in any way at all?

She was my first real girlfriend and the first person I've been in love with. She broke up with me over a phone call once I got back into town to see her. I had a belated birthday present to give her but she wouldn't accept it. It was devastating. That same month we had a class together every weekday. I felt I could bargain my way out of this misery by trying to talk her into getting back with me. This turned her into a cold hearted bitch. We avoided each other the rest of the month. 3 months later she came up to me and looked as if she wanted me to say something. Seeing the face once I fell in love with turned me stone cold; I was still hurt and couldn't pull myself to talk to her.

Is breaking up with someone painful for the person who makes the decision as well as the victim?

What Girls Said 1

• Depends on why they broke up, how long together, how much you liked each other. It can be painful but I have broke up with a couple guys and felt nothing because I waited to the point where all the love died because they were jerks. In a mutual non jerk break up yes it hurt but sometimes you just can't make things work and you have to give up.

What Guys Said 0