Would You Forgive Your Partner If They Cheated?

If your girlfriend/boyfriend cheated on you and you absolutely know they did, would you forgive them? I personally would not because cheating is one of the WORST things you can do, and people who cheat are horrible people who betray the trust of another person. I'm mostly curious about the men vs. women on this issue. Please explain your answer too.
  • Yes, I'd Forgive Them And Stay With Them
    Vote A
  • No, I'd Break Up With Them
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Cheating isn't a deal-breaker for me- but lying is. If my (hypothetical) boyfriend came to me and told me about it himself, and we could talk about the circumstances and he could say that it was a one-shot deal and not something that was indicative of what I could expect from him in the future, I could let it slide. Sometimes something seems like a really good idea at the time- but then later after you do it, you realize what a horrid idea it actually was. If he were good to me in all other aspects of our relationship, I could feel good about moving on from an incident.

If I had to find out on my own or from someone else, it's done. Also his approach would have a lot of weight, too. If Dude felt bad (I'm assuming if he is my boyfriend I know him well enough to be able to gauge that) and was truly sorry, I could forgive. If he was like "oh, yeah- by the way- I banged so-and-so yesterday.. hahahaha"... then no.

I have cheated on a boyfriend before, and I felt awful. I brought it to him and he was upset and hurt, but he did not sh*tcan me- and I never cheated on him again. We broke up eventually because of other sh*t, but I never forgot how he handled that situation or how grateful I was that he accepted my apology and forgave me. I think were I in that situation- with the roles reversed- that I could handle it like he did. He gave me an excellent template to work off of, and I have never forgotten it.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 6

• I would break up with them but I don't think that makes someone a horrible person. If my boyfriend cheated on me I would be MAD for sure but I would just think that it didn't work out. I would be glad it ended while we were just dating and not if we were married with kids.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd break up with him immediately and he would proceed to be dead to me.

If he thinks I'm not worth being faithful to then obviously he's not worth existing to me. Harsh but true.

1|0
    0|0
  • there are worse things in life... where my dad grew up in Italy they had a town whore... when the men's wifes weren't giving them enough love they'd stop by her house... these men stayed married to their wifes til death... not like most Americans.

0|0
    1|0
  • Forgive I am sure at some point. Forget, never. He gets kicked to the curb!

0|0
    0|0
  • Probrably not

0|0
    0|0
  • Omg no and what's up with men vs women issue? Cheating is cheating period. It doesn't matter whos doing it.

0|0
    0|0
    • I was just wondering because I read an article that says women are more likely to forgive men for cheating than men are to forgive women, so I'm wondering if that's true.

• Oh that depends. Based off what I've seen.

What Guys Said 5

• Actually, when my ex cheated on me I forgave her and also broke up with her. She's only human and I didn't want to move on on bad terms. We even considered getting back together a while after, but it didn't work out.

0|0
    0|0
  • You should break up with them, If someone cheats male or female they will do it again, and if they do not you will not be able to trust them it will always be in you mind, trust is the most important thing,

0|0
    0|0
    • Completely agree. If someone cheats they're likely to do it again.

• Never, f*** cheaters. Once a cheater always a cheater and never forgive a cheater, ever.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd break up with her. She might cheat again and the trust would be gone

0|0
    0|0
  • No. Once that fine line has been crossed, there's no turning back and the trust is gone for good.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes