Is it okay to break up with a guy through text?

I really don't want to face him, Because when I see him it changes my mind.

He's obviously just dating me to have sex with me.

Can I just do it through text?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• NO, NOPE, NAW...I know that's not what you want to hear but the truth of the matter is no, it is not even slightly alright for you to break up with this guy via text. The only way I could see it being alright breaking up with someone in a none face to face situation is if you have reasons to fear for your physical well being.

I understand how hard it is to break up with someone face to face. I also understand that it's really easy to change your mind if you have to look him in the eye but that's part of being in a relationship. You didn't get into the relationship via text therefore you shouldn't end it that way.Sometimes in life we have to do things that are uncomfortable.

If you want to make it slightly easier on yourself text him and ask him to meet you somewhere like a coffee shop or somewhere that's not going to be "date like" he'll kind of suspect something is up and the mood is started right away. You'll go in with the purpose of breaking up and cut out the small talk before hand.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• Even if he just wants sex I still would make an effort to talk to him in person. Think of it this way... Would you ever want to be dumped over a text? Maybe you have.. Maybe you have not.. It still is terrible.

0|1
    0|0
  • Its not very polite. I would prefer a face to face talk, but if you can't do it in person, yet feel you need to, then you have to choose what can work.

0|0
    0|0
  • You can, but it means a lot more to a guy when you do it in person. My ex just told her self she wouldn't change her mind no matter what. Just tell yourself that and do it in person, other wise you seem like your in 6th grade

0|0
    0|1
  • Where the f.u.c.k. did you learn your manners ? ...

0|0
    1|1
  • if you don't mind being considered a coward do what you want

0|0
    0|0
  • thats cowardly and classless

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, that's the best way.

0|0
    1|1
  • You can, but be prepared for him to hate your guts for it

1|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• You can, but I think it's cowardly and immature.

Meet with him and tell him its over. Don't let your resolve crumble. It'll ultimately make you a stronger person.

1|1
    0|0
  • noooo hahha that is not OK, if he meant anything to you and you respect him you tell it to his face

even if he's a douche lol you don't wanna b that text breakup...er

1|0
    0|0
  • Do it in person. Doing it over text or phone is weak and childish and shows you have no respect for that person.

0|1
    0|0
  • Its a little bit immature but if you really uncomfortable to see him face to face then its fine.

0|0
    2|0
  • its insulting

1|1
    0|0
  • No do it face to face

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes