Is it okay to break up with a guy through text?

I really don't want to face him, Because when I see him it changes my mind.

He's obviously just dating me to have sex with me.

Can I just do it through text?

78

Most Helpful Girl

• NO, NOPE, NAW...I know that's not what you want to hear but the truth of the matter is no, it is not even slightly alright for you to break up with this guy via text. The only way I could see it being alright breaking up with someone in a none face to face situation is if you have reasons to fear for your physical well being.

I understand how hard it is to break up with someone face to face. I also understand that it's really easy to change your mind if you have to look him in the eye but that's part of being in a relationship. You didn't get into the relationship via text therefore you shouldn't end it that way.Sometimes in life we have to do things that are uncomfortable.

If you want to make it slightly easier on yourself text him and ask him to meet you somewhere like a coffee shop or somewhere that's not going to be "date like" he'll kind of suspect something is up and the mood is started right away. You'll go in with the purpose of breaking up and cut out the small talk before hand.