Why would it be good to have a female colleague in an office with three men?

I was talking to my friend/ex-colleague today about why him and my manager chose to hire me. He did say that he wanted me before they even interviewed me (I knew him from college), but he also said he wanted a girl. The person who I was replacing was a girl as well.

There is my manager (male), ex colleague (male. He left on Friday) and a part time colleague (male).

Why is this? I went to an all girl's school, so I don't notice things like this. My Mum and boyfriend could understand the reasoning for this, but I was wondering if anyone else could explain.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe he wants some diversity in the workplace. or some eye candy.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• Eye candy, blow jobs, sandwiches, cleaning, etc. =P On a serious note, men and women see things from different perspectives. A team is more balanced when your not all thinking alike.

1|0
    0|0
  • I work in a small office (IT shop) that, except for a 9 month period, has always been all male. We did have a female for that 9 months but she was let go because she talked too much and lowered productivity. I miss her though. She did have a moderating affect on all of us male pigs. :) I think she enjoyed it too. I think a mix of men and women is ideal (as long as the women don't talk more than they work).

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Some people think women do a better job at some things, or maybe he thinks it will help to keep the office professional (no dirty jokes or viewing p*rn because a female coworker might see). Other than that idk.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes