Why would it be good to have a female colleague in an office with three men?

I was talking to my friend/ex-colleague today about why him and my manager chose to hire me. He did say that he wanted me before they even interviewed me (I knew him from college), but he also said he wanted a girl. The person who I was replacing was a girl as well.

There is my manager (male), ex colleague (male. He left on Friday) and a part time colleague (male).

Why is this? I went to an all girl's school, so I don't notice things like this. My Mum and boyfriend could understand the reasoning for this, but I was wondering if anyone else could explain.

13

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe he wants some diversity in the workplace. or some eye candy.