How do I get this guy moving in the right direction/towards me ?

There is a guy who I've really liked for the past 3 years or so. I used to be unsure but now I am very sure that he feels the same way. The only thing stopping us it seems is the fact that both of us are very shy people. I see he's made attempts to talk to me and I try to hang around him as much as I can but we just don't seem to be making any progress. Should I just say "hey I like you and I think you like me too. if you don't that's fine, I just wanted you to know" or is that way too forward? My therapist thinks that I do too much work and I need to let him decide if he wants me that much.

Also, I hate beating around the bush but I haven't said anything because I am not very confident in my appearance and I feel like you have to look your best when doing something like that. Tips on how to look a little nicer/more open?

Thank you in advance.

12

Most Helpful Guy

• Let me put this to you simply. You are not making any progress because you haven't taken any action in 3 YEARS!.!.! Your therapist is basically trying to get you to avoid the confrontation. He's obviously not pursuing you if it's been 3 years... That said, a shy guy might jump at an opportunity that he was previously oblivious to if you take action. Don't question yourself, just ask if he's like to go on a date sometime. Make a suggestion to do something together on the weekend or whatever.