He wants to take a break for a week..?

I was texting my boyfriend and out of the blue he asked if we could take a break for a little bit.. He said he has a lot on his mind and that he's afraid of hurting me. I asked him if he really meant a break or if we were done for good and he said that we're not done for good.. Just this week. :/

I honestly have no idea why he want to take a break..

Is this a red flag? Is he going to come back? Should I even take him back..?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• A break for a week? WTF good does that do? Probably just frees him up to bang another chick. For me, it'd either be hey let's try to work through this or if you want a break then we're done. I don't do breaks.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• It sounds like he wants to sleep with another girl and not consider it to be cheating.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• Give him the break. But you consider it a break for yourself too. If it comes out of nowhere then what is on his mind is to look around. So tou do the same thing.There's plenty of guys out there that don't need breaks and will he up front about ending or continuing. Don't be an insurance policy. Don't be his backup.

0|0
    0|0
  • My boyfriend said the same to me to him some space for a week but I got upset each time he mentioned it, he still thought it was a good idea, but one day I text him saying ill let you have this break if you want it so bad and he got scared and said he couldn't really do it.

Tell him how you feel about it and that you don't think itll benefit the relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • A break for a week sounds really strange. Definite red flag.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes