What does it mean when he glances at me while he is in a relationship?

Ok, I've been reading tons of questions from different users, but I wanted to share my own story so I can find proper answers.

Last summer I met this guy (he's almost 30) and I'm 20. He was in a 3 years relationship at that time. From the first moment, when I arrived at the hotel he was glancing at me and he kept doing this thing. Sometimes he was waving from his car and smiling (but he was doing this only when he was inside the car), when I was looking at him, he looked back, sometimes I've been catching him looking at me and then he looked away, other times he kept on looking until I've looked away, he tilt his head in my direction and so on... I knew he was in a relationship and I've never tried something. He was working at the bar, and we had the chance to talk, but I was scared to make a move, considering the situation.

His EX girlfriend was also there, and she was looking at me like she wanted to kill me, she even stopped talking to me (we're "friends" somehow, her family brought me to that hotel + I've had no idea they were together, 7 years ago). After one week of these glances between us, almost everyone was looking weird at me. But I didn't do anything, I made sure that I'm looking at him only when HE can see it, and not the others. Yet, when we were alone he was kinda awkward and nervous, but he never made a move.

So why he was glancing/smiling/waving for 2 weeks, everyday, if in the end, he didn't made a move? I've looked to see if he is doing the same things to other girls, but he didn't. I don't understand, he was in a relationship at that moment, why would he do such things to another girl, if he loves his girlfriend? He was just making fun of me, or he really liked me?

27

Most Helpful Guy

• He thinks you are pretty and is interested, but not sure what to do next. Girls expect guys to come over and approach them, but most guys are actually a bit hesitant to do that because they don't want to look stupid. Trust me that this happens way, way more than you realize, and most guys think this way no matter how calm they manage to act or what they tell other people. I know I have done a good job in the past of hitting on girls and approaching them while finding some excuse to talk to them where it didn't seem that I was nervous at all, but I was.

Usually the guys who have zero fear of rejection are the ones who hit on every girl they see and honestly don't care what any girl thinks of them, so you can imagine how they typically treat girls once they are dating.

• It's true,girls expect guys to do that. At least that's what I expected him to do.. Now the things are a bit more clearer to me. Thank you! x

• So now that you know this, you might want to find excuses to be near him or ask him some bs question. Girls have done that to me, and I have done that to other girls. You don't have to start off strong, just innocent questions and see where it goes from there. He will gradually be more comfortable with you I bet :)