Would any of you ever forgive cheating?

So my boyfriend cheated on me. He was out of town for buisness a few days ago and he got fired there. He had always been jealous of my ex, but you know it's a small town and we go to the same collegem so I can't avoid him. My ex has been a great friend after the break up anyways.

Either way after he got back from his trip his jealous got into new dimensions. He constantly asked if I was cheating, until I asked him if he was.

Turns out he was. He said that he just got fired and was increddibly drunk and that he'd do anything for me to forgive him. I believe he does regret it, he was crying and everything. And I don't hate him for it, but I still don't want to be with him anymore.

To my surprise tons of people were coming up to me saying that what he did was so wrong, but I should try to make it work and just forgive him.

wtf? I know this town is conservative, but why would anyone forgive that?

69

Most Helpful Guy

• What does the town being conservative have to do with anything? You married and have kids with this guy or something? Do they just like him as person?

No, I wouldn't be able to forgive it. I wouldn't be with that person anymore. Complete lack of respect if when you do that to someone. Blaming it on alcohol would enrage me as well.

Also, I don't blame him for questioning you on your ex.

• No we're not married, but in the past it has been very accepted that wealthy men cheat. I'm sure a lot of people like him as a person, he is nice in general

Why do you not blame him for suspecting me?

• I see it as more of them liking him and wanting to give him a second chance or the benefit of the doubt because they are too close to the situation.

I say that because I don't see it as that uncommon for two former lovers still in contact to not having something going on. I think it's good to be weary of it if your girlfriend/boyfriend still talks to their ex.