Would any of you ever forgive cheating?

So my boyfriend cheated on me. He was out of town for buisness a few days ago and he got fired there. He had always been jealous of my ex, but you know it's a small town and we go to the same collegem so I can't avoid him. My ex has been a great friend after the break up anyways.

Either way after he got back from his trip his jealous got into new dimensions. He constantly asked if I was cheating, until I asked him if he was.

Turns out he was. He said that he just got fired and was increddibly drunk and that he'd do anything for me to forgive him. I believe he does regret it, he was crying and everything. And I don't hate him for it, but I still don't want to be with him anymore.

To my surprise tons of people were coming up to me saying that what he did was so wrong, but I should try to make it work and just forgive him.

wtf? I know this town is conservative, but why would anyone forgive that?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• What does the town being conservative have to do with anything? You married and have kids with this guy or something? Do they just like him as person?

No, I wouldn't be able to forgive it. I wouldn't be with that person anymore. Complete lack of respect if when you do that to someone. Blaming it on alcohol would enrage me as well.

Also, I don't blame him for questioning you on your ex.

0|0
    0|0
    • No we're not married, but in the past it has been very accepted that wealthy men cheat. I'm sure a lot of people like him as a person, he is nice in general

Why do you not blame him for suspecting me?

• I see it as more of them liking him and wanting to give him a second chance or the benefit of the doubt because they are too close to the situation.

I say that because I don't see it as that uncommon for two former lovers still in contact to not having something going on. I think it's good to be weary of it if your girlfriend/boyfriend still talks to their ex.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• When it comes to cheating, I have a simple mindset: Never forget. Never forgive. To me, as I emphasize loyalty above all in a relationship, cheating is the gravest misdeed. So it's going to anger me the most when someone cheats on somebody. I feel that cheating is never justified and no amount of crying will change that fact and no amount of regret is going to atone for such an act.

0|1
    0|0
  • You have to forgive him if you love him because he loves you and that appear from his jealousy and try to keep away from your ex as a kind of respect to your boy friend ... don't lose someone loves you !

0|0
    0|0
    • but he cheated one me, that's hard to forgive. I'm not sure if I love him anymore really

• Nope. Getting drunk with another woman after getting fired doesn't seem like a smart choice either.

0|1
    0|0
  • I do not forgive cheating. Once a woman cheats on me, she is dead to me.

0|1
    0|0
  • You don't want to be with him so the rest doesn't matter.

0|0
    0|0
  • i would never forgive

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't forgive it, no matter how long I love.

0|0
    0|0
  • You are completely right. Cheating is such a fundamental betrayal. You have to respect yourself. Dump him and don't look back. I'd dump any girl who cheated on me. No excuses.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• I would never forgive cheating, personally. Because to me that says that the person has no respect for me and if they truly loved me, wouldn't have even thought of it - in my perfect world, that is.

0|1
    0|0
  • No, I could never forgive my husband for cheating on me. I would never trust him again and once you haven't got trust in a relationship than it isn't a relationship worth having.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd forgive him with time, but I wouldn't take him back. If someone cheats on me, I'll never be able to trust them again. Forgive him and move on to the next one. Always forgive, but never forget.

0|0
    0|0
  • when someone accuses you of cheating,they r

0|0
    0|0
  • I would forgive but I'll never forget and that person is out of my life!

0|0
    0|0
  • People always try to get women to forgive cheating because of some stereotype that men can't help it. Don't listen to them. He could help it and he didn't. How could you trust him after that? I wouldn't. Because he definitely wouldn't forgive you if you'd done it.

0|0
    0|0
    • well you know the most odd thing was it was the women who told me to forgive him and the men who teld me I deserve better

• I'm not surprised by that. It's women who are brought up with the notion that they just have to accept a man's cheating to stay in a relationship. Men are telling you that because they KNOW they can control it, and don't want to see you falling into that dumb trap.

Recommended myTakes