How can I get over my ex?

I honestly thought I was over my ex around last year at this time because we broke up 2 years ago and dated for almost four years. It wasn't until last June I learned he is now dating the girl that caused trouble in our relationship. I know it's not her fault or his, but it really hurt me they got together because I feel like our relationship was a lie and he loved someone else the whole time. I figure he and her had to have something going on while we were together since I caught him once sending her "drunken" emails as he told me. I know it is my fault for all this but it still hurts me a lot and for the past year I haven't gone a day without thinking of how much it hurts. If anyone has any tips on how to get past this it would be helpful!

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• If this guy used to contact another girl irrespective whether he was drunk or sober. He was not loyal and not completely into you. And it was good you guys did not end up together. He did not deserve your love at all. If a person cannot be honest in a relationship he/she is not worth it. I know it hurts bad and since you loved this guy and even more as he is now seeing a person who might be one of the reasons to the break-up, it's human so don't be hard on yourself. Since you have already moved on - try harder to forget the past and this jerk. Just do things you feel happy about or makes you more confident as a person, as being stuck in the past usually lessens self-confidence. Just have fun and enjoy the present!

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• Just stop over thinking about what happened in the past.

He's already your ex, and you should just be happy with your life.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• Its just takes time hun and lots of it! x took me over a year chick but now I realize it was the best thing I ever done... :-) x try and keep yourself busy too, take up a hobby x don't let him win, be strong and realize that your better off without him x

0|0
    0|0
  • I am getting over my ex, well at least I think I am . I sleep better , the heartache hurts less and I am slapping myself with reality that he DOES NOT WANT ME.I made a list as to why I should not work up myself and feel miserable about our relationship ending. Maybe you should too.

Also try to over come a habit that has come along with the fact that you two broke up day by day. For e.g. I don't eat much when I am stressed out. and I get skinny, sick and more miserable. So I force myself to eat, doing so I know he has no control over my life. I go out with friends and we avoid speaking about him and if we do its only for 10 min a day. That is just to show how irrelevant he is, ignore it as if he never existed everything happens to a reason. Life teaches us lessons, learn from them. Eventually time will heal everything you will find someone who appreciates you

0|0
    0|0
  • He's not worth thinking of and he's an ex now so just keep yourself busy and live your life. Give the time sometimes to heal yourself and you'll get better with time. All the best!

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes