How can I get over my ex?

I honestly thought I was over my ex around last year at this time because we broke up 2 years ago and dated for almost four years. It wasn't until last June I learned he is now dating the girl that caused trouble in our relationship. I know it's not her fault or his, but it really hurt me they got together because I feel like our relationship was a lie and he loved someone else the whole time. I figure he and her had to have something going on while we were together since I caught him once sending her "drunken" emails as he told me. I know it is my fault for all this but it still hurts me a lot and for the past year I haven't gone a day without thinking of how much it hurts. If anyone has any tips on how to get past this it would be helpful!

41

Most Helpful Girl

• If this guy used to contact another girl irrespective whether he was drunk or sober. He was not loyal and not completely into you. And it was good you guys did not end up together. He did not deserve your love at all. If a person cannot be honest in a relationship he/she is not worth it. I know it hurts bad and since you loved this guy and even more as he is now seeing a person who might be one of the reasons to the break-up, it's human so don't be hard on yourself. Since you have already moved on - try harder to forget the past and this jerk. Just do things you feel happy about or makes you more confident as a person, as being stuck in the past usually lessens self-confidence. Just have fun and enjoy the present!