Would you consider kissing another person who you are not in a relationship with cheating?

So my boyfriend just told me how a couple days ago, he kissed another girl. He feels bad, and telling me that it is not cheating, since he didn't have sex. I told him I still consider it cheating. Would you consider it at cheating if someone you were with kissed someone who wasn't you?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• No, it's not cheating. It's just kissing.

But I suppose if you're a teenager, and kissing is all your so called relationship is about, then yeah, you might call it cheating.

When you're a grown up though, sleeping with someone else is cheating. Anything else, you just call it what it is.

0|0
    0|0
    • So if you were married, or in a committed relationship, you wouldn't care if your significant other was kissing someone else, instead of you?

• I'd care, sure. But I wouldn't call it cheating.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• I would consider that cheating to a degree, how would he feel if you kissed other guys? I bet he wouldn't feel neutral about it. Very inconsiderate of him to do that.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah, that is what I had said, but he still thinks he didn't do much wrong.

• I would have a serious word with him to make him aware of your concerns and make him realize it's unacceptable behavior, if he still thinks there's nothing wrong I would be careful with regards to investing anymore time into this relationship as both your values seem to differ. It's almost like the first stages of a potential cheater (like sexual). And even though it's down the road there's no point getting heartbroken later on.

• Its not cheating persay, it is being unfaithful however.

0|0
    0|0
  • If he made a conscious decision to kiss her, it's cheating...if he was drunk or whatever, it's not because he probably wasn't thinking straight

0|0
    1|0
    • Also, you have to ask yourself...are you looking for an excuse to get out of the relationship with him?

I.e. do you still like him like that?

• Show All
    • If a girl is raped how is it her fault? I can't believe that's even a legit question

• She's saying if you're drinking, it's still your fault...she's basically saying guys can't be drunk but girls can be...it's a double standard

What Girls Said 6

• I am 41 and he should not be doing that. It is not right to be snogging the face off someone else when you are with someone already it's selfish. And it doesn't matter what age you are!

1|0
    0|0
  • I would count that as cheating personally :o If I or my boyfriend did that, I would consider it as us cheating

0|0
    0|0
  • No no no. If a girl gets raped when she is drunk it is still rape!

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes it's cheating.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you feel betrayed it means he was unfaithful. Only you can decide if you think it is enough to break up for or not. To me kissing and any other kind of romantic behavior for that matter, is cheating.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol you should ask him that in return. It's not cheating if you kiss another guy? Guaranteed his opinon on that will change once he sees you doing it to him. Right now he's just trying to get out of trouble.

0|0
    0|0
    • I did and he just was silent and then just said how it'd be different. It's so dumb, his logic.

• Lol of course it would be different. If he does it, he likes it. If you do it, he doesn't like it. He's a child, and I would dump him for immaturity.

Recommended myTakes