We've been together almost a year...

actually in July it will be a year and we have had nothing but good times. I really can't think of any time I haven't been smiling around him. My question is when do couples usually talk about marriage? He's in a good job, been working there 13 years. I on the other hand just have a small retail job that I've been at for a year or so and am looking into going back to school. We don't live together, but we do spend a lot of time together. Every night he gets off work I'll go over there and leave when he or I has to go to work. Anyways, like I said, when is it couples USUALLY start talking about the whole marriage thing? Yes I would marry him, but I don't wanna be that cliche girl who brings up wanting to marry him/all the serious stuff after being together for a year.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Now's the right time. Just have plans.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• Usually when both people in the relationship are independent, healthy and have developed a consistent and overwhelming emotional connection with one another that's rooted in trust. But, can also occur when one person sees a man as a reliable money train and wants to choo choo her way in his pocket books, or when one person sees the woman as a 2 handed trophy and wants to polish her off every night, leaving her hanging out to dry. Can also be a combo of the last two.

0|0
    0|0
  • my brother was going out with his girlfriend 2 years before discussing marriage. and the first discussion they had about it was when he proposed. so I don't know what your expecting, "almost a year" is not a long time

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• We talked about it from the first month, ha ha. We got married after 7 years.

Maybe you should ask him if he is thinking about the future, you are together for a year, so you should feel comfortable asking questions like that. Talk to him about moving in together (unless you don't want to live together before getting married) what is he thinking about that and the whole marriage talk should come up natural.

Couples are different, some get married after two weeks knowing each other, some never talk about it and never get married, it depends.

Just mention it to him, ask for his opinion, he loves you and it is totally alright to bring this topic up if you are thinking about it.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes