Why do people base their relationships on Facebook?

this guy changed his relationship status into the person he talks to. on Facebook you can't see it on the newsfeed you have to go on his page and see it...they been together since December but this guy gets a lot of likes on his statuses or whatever but nobody liked the relationship status...why do people depend on Facebook to be in a relationship? oan: the guy is still talking to his ex behind her nose my point is if you in a relationship together why wait months later to do it lol

33

Most Helpful Girl

• This is a bit confusing. You're saying people base their relationships on Facebook but then question why this guy takes months to put it on Facebook? It looks like he's not basing it on Facebook at all to me.

Me and my boyfriend nearly had a relationship which was hidden from Facebook but I changed my relationship status the next day after our first kiss because I was too nervous to ask him out right so changing my relationship status was my way of making it official. Obviously without Facebook, I would've just plucked up the courage and asked for it to be official, but Facebook just helped me out.

In relation to the question, not everyone bases it on Facebook. I like it to be on my Facebook to put off any guys who are interested but also because it's a life event and it's something I'm happy about and want everyone to see (not in a bragging way). The most I ever do is change my relationship status and then occasionally post funny pics on my bf's wall. As I'm getting older, I very rarely write sloppy stuff about how much I love my boyfriend because no-one wants to hear it tbh. :P But yeah, I find Facebook can turn a relationship sour too in many ways so I'm being extra careful with my new man! :)

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • well I know this guy personally he still talk to his long term ex but him and the new girl been together for 5 months and he has no pictures of her non what so ever and he been with his ex for over 5 years now...she don't even know him and his ex be texting...can't nbody see the relationship status change unless you are on his page

• If he blocked her then he's not talking to his ex and it's not a problem. But even if he was, it's up to him what he does with his life and shouldn't be bothering you. A lot of people speak to their ex's.

• he didn't block his ex he never did