My parents don't want me moving in with him

My boyfriend and I have been dating well over a year and he has asked me to move in with him over the summer. I knew I wanted to but I was a little bit hesitant so I talked to my mother about it. She freaked out saying she would never support it and did everything from spewing bible verses to bribing me with jewelry. I'm more confused than ever. I feel like I'm choosing between my boyfriend and my mother. Help!

Im almost 21 and during the school year I practically live with him anyway I just have my own apartment on campus. My mother knows this but sees me actually moving in with him as a much bigger deal.

31

Most Helpful Girl

• Hmm well I can understand your mom worrying etc but you are an adult. It is a big deal moving in with someone! Not what one who has never experienced it may think but hey you got to learn some time. It would be nice if we could protect our kids from life forever but even us moms cannot. Just talk to your mom calmly and reassure her she's damn worried and she will miss you massively. Bare that in mind and try to be patient with her. Know that she loves you and she's doing what every good mother does WORRY. Be worse if she didn't worry, that'd be weird hey!

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Ahh thank you for voting my comment as best :) Good luck for your future!