I'm feeling a bit evil today, reveling in another's misfortune, but hey Karma is a beeotch!

So I've always had this very intense dislike, for my fiance's ex girlfriend. I've never met her, but just learning about how she treated him, plus she's younger, she's pretty, and I know he chased after her . . . all of this put together makes me really really dislike her. I checked out her FB page today and her relationship just ended. Which means the guy she left my fiance for and had a kid with (she didn't know whose kid at first because she was still seeing both of them) has left her. I feel fricken happy and that's not normal for me. I'm a caring individual who doesn't like to see anyone get hurt normally. So I'm not sure if it's my jealousy of her, or that she hurt the one I love that allows me to feel this way. I hope she has a miserable freaking time trying to raise that kid by herself. Am I justified in feeling this way or is it just over the top?

53

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't exactly say you're "justified" for feeling this way however, I do think it is a normal human emotion. When people dislike someone, they typically are "happy" I guess when things go wrong in that other person's life. Especially if that person hurt us at some point. So while yes, your "happiness" for her misfortune may be a little over the top, I think it's sort of understandable.

Although I must say, your fiance is with YOU. Obviously he does not care about this other girl so why are you stalking her FB page? I get that you don't like her and trust me, I completely know how you feel. I've been there, but you just need to let it go. Don't worry about her and what she does and what happens to her. Focus on yourself and your relationship. She may be younger and pretty but clearly your fiance finds you attractive and loves your other qualities too or he wouldn't be with you.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I feel about the same way you put it, thanks. I do feel like it can be a tad over zealous, and I've never been this way with anyone else in my life. Just something about her really . . . get's to me! Thank you for your answer.

• Omg I know how you feel! I can't stand the females that were in my boyfriends life before me. But I just try to remember that they are his past and I am his present and future. That always makes me feel better. Thanks for best answer! :)