Would you move back in with your parents?

I moved to this new town about 2 years ago with a roommate. We had a falling out, so then I got my own apartment. A month after I was living there, my boyfriend moved in with me. But, we just broke up and now I'm wondering if I should just move back in with my mom. She stays about a hour away, but it would help me save money. I drive a hour for work. I have nothing in this town. My friends are moving, I'm taking classes online, so it's irrelevant. I know I'm 26. I don't plan on living with her forever. Just until I finish my degree, which will be in December. At the same time, I can save money. Then, with my degree I can hopefully find a good job.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Only if I had to. I would if I were you.

0|0
    0|0
    • Why is that?

• Well you are young. Right now you likely are not making that much money. Being financially secure when you graduate will do you wonders. Especially if you have several thousand in savings.

As you said, there's nothing tying you to that area you're in.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 5

• In your case, I think you should. I mean, you're getting your degree in December. That's not that long and it would be really good for you to save money until then. I say, go ahead.

0|0
    0|1
  • Why don't you just get the apartment in the different town. No I wouldn't my. I still live with my parents now and I'm usually stuck doing stuff with them on weekends and stuff. The experience of being lucky and not having any kids or anything isn't the same as living on my own with nobody to be responsible for. I hate it it sucks. But do what best for you. Don't do what anyone else would do.

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm confused? You live with your parents because living alone sucked?

• Only move back in with your mom as your last option like you can't afford it on your own. I tried moving back home after a break up it didn't work out. You have to remember their house their rules.

0|0
    0|0
  • How is your relationship with your mother?

0|0
    0|1
    • It's OK. I know it'll change when I move in though,

• If you really have no choice and are in need to save up then just move back to her for a while til you earn enough and then move out again later on.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes