For over age 30 and divorced

Has anyone ever recently got a divorce, and felt pretty lonely. Sing lady almost 40, with two kids here. Just divorced only a couple of months. I met this guy, and we are jumping in pretty quickly. We live over an hour away from each other, and only see each other on weekends. He just got out of a 2 year on and off relationship after a recent divorce as well. It has only been a month, and he is already putting in a relationship on his Facebook page with me. We have already introduced family and our kids to each other. He has 4. Two older, and two younger teens. I am in love, and he is as well. However, is this going to fast? Maybe I should not have started spending the night at his mom's house with him. He has been married 2 times, and relationships in between. I am already friends with his mother on Facebook. I am smitten, however, scared I am his rebound? He recently was texting his ex-girlfriend. He says she is a good person, and he still cares for her.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Hard work makes fro a good/strong marriage, so you either do it before and risk less or do it after and risk more.

It's funny that people are about to invest EVERYTHING in another person and never do the deep research to find out what went wrong prior ... to see if this is something tolerable or you can fix easily. They are sold on the glossy paint exterior, never under the hood at the engine, they settle for prejudiced friends/family's opinions that put a halo on him and horns on his failures past and that's enough! Really?

So many failures = potential Pandora's box to deal with like a Jack-in-the-box surprises during any busy week with 6 kids to manage?

Marriage should not be about settling but something one never cares to do again.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• If you have to ask if it's going too fast, it's definitely going too fast. You have your kids to think about first. I'm divorced with 2 myself and I wouldn't introduce my kids to someone I'm dating for at least 3 months. Being lonely is difficult and I understand that, but it seems like he is in a permanent transitional phase.

1|0
    0|0
  • rebound.

I'm not apart of your preferred demographic but I don't need to be to see this is clearly going to end up in the rebound bin. I hope you eventually get what you want.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• I have been divorced a year. ABout 3 months after my divorce I met someone and we dated 10 months. I never introduced him to my children. I guess I just wanted to make sure we would be very serious to do that. I understand wanting to be in a relationship because of being lonely and being used to having a marriage. At this point I am sinlge and not dating. I have never really been alone and I tell you with certainty that I miss my ex, but I know I won't be the person I truly want to be if I keep dating and jumping into relationships too soon without BREATHING and taking time for me and my kids. That's me and everyone is different. To make a conscious choice to be ALONE is scary. But in my case...necessary. I also promised my ex that I would never introduce our kids to a new man until I felt certain we may walk down the aisle together. My ex didn't fit that bill and I knew I wasn't getting married any time soon.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes