He wants us to have sex but I'm not ready.. what do I do?

My boyfriend and I have gotten pretty far but not THAT far and he wants us to go all the way but I'm not sure if I'm ready for it... We just got back together about two weeks ago and before that I was ready but when we broke up I felt that all my trust for him was gone and that maybe us breaking up was a sign that I wasn't ready and I'm not... The other day he said that he couldn't wait for the day it happens so now I feel like I should just do it to get it over with but I know that won't stop me from feeling this way so... Help?
Updates:
What yall are saying is making a lot of sense and I don't know why I didn't just tell him... I think its mainly the reason that I feel like I led him on before we broke up and then we got back together and its hard to find a relationship these days where the guy will wait :/

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I know your parents say it all the time to wait untill your married or for that special someone but coming from a 17 year old girl who went through the same thing your going through I'm telling you to wait! wait until your ready chica! I went through the same thing. I had a boyfriend for a year and a half and he pressured me into making me think I was ready and I wasnt.. and we ended up breaking up a few weeks later.! I was so heart broken, it hurt and it still hurts. if you have doubts about your bfs loyalty then don't do it. losing your virginty should come natural and should never be forced. if you feel you may regret it later then save yourself the heartache. Your special enough for him to wait for you :)

2|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• No, don't have sex just because he's pressuring you. This guy's intentions sound suspicious to me. He prob just wants to hit it and quit it. Especially if you told him you were ready before you broke up with him.

2|0
    0|0
  • If your not ready then let him no.

You shouldn't do something if your not ready

1|0
    0|0
  • You should decline. Don't give in.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Be honest with him about it, don't feel like you should do it to get it over with, nobody will enjoy that. Tell him that you're not ready for it and that you wish you were but you can't change how you feel. Tell him you need more time to feel back what you felt before and trust him again. Don't feel pushed to do it.

2|2
    0|0
    • Before we broke up I was gonna do it and then we broke up and he asked about it and I told him that I'm not ready anymore and he got mad which resulted in an argument :/ I think that's mostly the reason I don't like bringing it up

• Let him have his little hissy fit if the kid doesn't get his lollypop. If he really is into you, he'll respect your decision. In life we have to do some things against our will, but sex shouldn't be one of them.

• If you aren't ready, don't do it. If he's not willing to wait it just shows he doesn't care for you enough and you guys aren't on the same page. Let him know you aren't ready and if he decides he doesn't want to wait, then that's that. It will probably be for the better.

2|1
    0|0
    • I agree with you on that... I guess I just feel like I'm leading him on and I don't want to do that

Recommended myTakes