Why is my boyfriend only attentive when I want to break up?

Otherwise he'll say he's gonna call after work or whatever else he's doing, but then doesn't call or always says he fell asleep which is doubtful. I've told him to hit the ramp and after a day or two he's so remorseful that he pursues me until I "give in" (granted I do love him). I just can't stand the constant roller coaster. What's his point for pushing me away then pulling me back in?
Well I should have mentioned a few points here.. We've known each other over 35 years. I'm 47, he's 50. He just got out of a 20 year prison stint he did for smuggling drugs. He lives in another state than I do. He's on federal probation. ...But most importantly is that I am so completely done with this dude, it's not even funny. He is basically infatuated with my looks and this is why he kept coming around.

38

Most Helpful Guy

• I will be honest. I know exactly where you are coming from with my girlfriend. She tends to "fall asleep" all of the time, and nobody can sleep that much. Not even the dead...but at any rate, I haven't tried to tell her to hit the bricks because I know that she will take the window and burst through it running full speed. I love her too much to give her that window to leave me...But I can say that she claims to try to get better about everything that I tell her is bothering me, when she can tell I'm really upset :/ so yea, I'm just saying, sometimes its for the best to cut them loose and then if good things are meant to be yours, they will reform their ways, and come back to you. Much like I did to return to my Girlfriend. I love her and it sounds like you love your man too. Just tell him that you love him but you can't take anymore of this back and forth you are having to deal with. But like I said, BE SURE YOU TELL HIM EXACTLY HOW YOU FEEL. Be as clear as possible about it. Goodluck, I hope it works out.