Too much together time?

So, my boyfriend and I, of half a year, have been spending a lot of time together ever since our anniversary. This past week we've hung out every day, all day.

I'm starting to get really cranky towards him, and feeling like I need to be alone. Every thing he does is starting to annoy me, even the way he talks. I want to hang out with him Because I consider him my best friend, but I haven't hung out with anyone besides him in a while, and I feel annoyed and almost trapped. I feel like every spare moment I have is spent with him, and I feel like its affecting me negatively.

Is this normal? Do I just need some alone time and things will go back, or is this the calling to an end of a relationship?

I'm thinking I should just talk to him about this, but he can be pretty sensitive, and I don't want him to think wanting to have alone time is me trying to break up with him, Because it's not.

31

Most Helpful Guy

• Of course you need alone time. Everyone in a relationship should have time alone, and time with people who aren't their partners. And too bad if he's being sensitive. You can obviously state your needs while being polite about it. "Hey, I haven't seen my girl friends in a while, so I need to go out with them this weekend" vs. "God, your voice is so G-D annoying, I will kill you in your sleep if I cannot get out of the house". You're not responsible for his sensitivity if you say the former...that's his issue to deal with.

That being said - It doesn't bode well for your relationship to be THAT annoyed by him. Take your break and hang with other people - but I wouldn't be surprised if you were getting over this relationship.