What's he really trying to do?

I told this guy who I'm with or whatever he considers himself that he could move in with me once I got my apartment ok? well if a guy sees you as a friend why would you move in with her? if you didn't like her well when I told him that he could have girls come and go as they please as long as I knew he got quiet he wasn't as excited as I expected him to be is this because he actually has feelings for me but wants his cake and to eat it to? help please:(

if you see me as a friend you could just come over and hang out with me you don't have to live with me right?

02