Ex boyfriend trying to be friends after two months of LC?

So my ex broke up with me a couple months ago because he wasn't ready for a serious relationship and didn't want to be in a relationship at all with anyone but still liked me a lot and felt like we hadn't been as close as we used to be and had wanted to be able to talk to me about anything and be best friends. I'm not sure if these were his actual reasons but he always told me before we broke up about how he messed up with all of his past relationships and just wanted to start all over because he's gone too far physically. Also, a week earlier he had asked one of my guy friends how he gets all the girls because he wants to know how to make me interested because I was upset with him during our little rough patch. The day before he broke up with me, he was in the musical and got all nervous when I was coming to watch him so I know he still had feelings for me when we broke up. He told my friend that he felt bad for putting me through everything because he liked me a lot but it was for the best and maybe after some time we could be friends and "start over." He did hook up with a couple girls as a rebound but that's normal. After a couple of months of minimum contact with him asking me how I was and flirting a little by being touchy, he's begun to talk to me more often. he's always the one to initiate contact with me and this past week has texted me three days out of 7. He says things like "Hey good news!" then tells me something random about school and even double texts me to keep the conversation going. Today we talked for a while in study hall, and we would joke around a lot and mess around with each other. He laughs at a lot of things I do and some people find it odd were still talking with each other. He isn't dating anyone or interested in any relationship right now. When we started the relationship we had a year ago we were pretty close but only because he wanted to pursue me for a relationship. I always had trouble talking with him and communicating with him in the relationship because he was my first boyfriend and I liked him a lot. He did talk to me a lot about how this couple he knew were best friends first before becoming a couple and it worked out well for them, but he felt like we were still in that awkward stage but understood because it was my first relationship. I obviously want to be back with him, and I'm doing well talking with him and being outgoing, but I definitely DO NOT want to be friend zoned. We do flirt with each other a little and he does not text any of his other ex girlfriends, only me. I want to be good friends with him first unlike when we first started dating as a way to start fresh and become closer to him. He is making a good effort to become friends with me and texting me. I don't want to confront him and tell him how I feel yet, but how do I sort of aim this friendship into a relationship/how do I know if he may want a relationship with me from this friendship? Why would he be giving such an effort to be friends again?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• You're not definitely not in the friend zone. If you want to be with him again, you should try to make effort to keep your space telling him that you don't want to be friends, and if he wants, it would be something more than that.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• just ask him, call and tell him something new ad exciting about your life and ask him, only he will know the answer but don't go with any high hopes and accept it for what it is

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes