If you know you will never be in a relationship with an EX any time soon, would you want to see him/her?

I broke up with my EX, but I believe it was mutual because we are going to a different university. He told his best friend 9 months after we broke up that he wants to finish his degree, get a job and find a way to be with me again.

I'm going to visit his university in 2 weeks. I told him 3 weeks ago and he never replied. I really don't understand why he wouldn't want to see me as friends.

• I would not want to see my EX
    Vote A
  • I would want to see my EX
    Vote B
  • See answer
    Vote C
  • I never had an EX
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, if it was me, it'd be the girl who wanted to break up cause of going to different universities (cause I don't care to break up just cause of something minor like that) and I doubt I'd ever want to see her again. I wouldn't trust her to be worthwhile in the future. She would have proven she couldn't deal with a minor thing like distance so what will happen if some major issue comes up? She'll probably just leave then too.

Though, in your case since it was mutual and such, well I imagine he'd wanna see you. Maybe it's just hard for him now.

1|2
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• There's one of my exes I meet from time to time, if we happen to be somewhere at the same moment we'll drink or eat something together. (usually it's at her demand)

There's another I'd really like to meet again once but probably due to the circumstances of our break up (she cheated a lot) her enthusiasm is very low.

Others I couldn't care less, even that first one I was so much in love with (in vain)

If they asked I would accept but mostly out of curiosity.

0|0
    0|0
  • with ex ,sex is a good thing.without obligation.love it

0|0
    0|0
  • T_T I wish I had an ex

0|0
    0|0
  • Because you can't be "just friends" with someone who you used to be in love with. Come on now.

0|1
    0|1
  • It seems that he lost his phone.

Though if I were in that situation, I would really love to be with you, my girlfriend, again.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 8

• Because he loves you as more than a friend and wants to keep you as his girlfriend when he's ready for you. He doesn't want to meet up with you just as friends, he wants to be your boyfriend!

I wouldn't want to see my ex's personally because I hate them both. Your situation is a lot different.

0|0
    0|0
    • My gut feelings says you're right. However my 'emotional' side is saying, "if he truly cares, WHY wouldn't he want to see me?!? Maybe he doesn't really care..."

Do you understand what I'm saying?

What he told his best friend is confirmed, he really said that. He also recently not graduating as he planned, even though he's turning 30 this year. So I guess his ego was hit pretty bad recently.

• Yeah I get you. But people are different. One guy may come see you if he cared, whereas another guy would avoid you if he cared because it's too painful to see you as just a friend. If you really want to see him, 'bump' into him somewhere you know he hangs out and see how he behaves in your presence.

• It's clear he wants to be back with you some day, but if you want to visit as friends then you are sending the message (whether you intend to or not) that you have closed that door. Unless both people are on the same page, they probably don't want to see each other.

0|0
    0|0
  • My exes are exes for a reason. Besides one from high school who I talk to on occasion, my exes have been ordered to stay away from me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Once you are gone, you're gone, peace!

0|0
    0|0
  • If its someone I had feelings for, I would WANT to, but I know I probably shouldn't...

0|1
    0|0
  • i just like to stay in touch when I'm in a nostalgic mood

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't want to see my exes.There's a reason they are my ex.

0|0
    0|0
  • I woudn't want to see him if he wants anything to do with me after the break up. There's no point to see him.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes