Why am I so upset she went to her ex, even though we mutually ended it?

I was hooking up with my coworker awhile back. She was way out of my league, better looking, had a much better future than me. She was a virgin and I have been with more people than I want to admit. Our relationship we pretended was very casual but to both of us it meant much more. At the time I was with another girl, who is now my girlfriend. I treated her bad. I know she left me because I was not a good friend. Before she was with me she was with this guy, she had known him her life and was very close with him. He tried to control her and that's why they ended it. Every time his name came up I would get defensive and mad because I hated how he treated her. She went back to him and I can't stop mulling over it. I love my girlfriend were moving in together, but why am I so upset?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• You're upset because even though you've moved on and are happy with your own relationship, you wanted to cling to the other woman as well. No one wants to feel like they can be easily replaced so when an ex moves on, it's sort of a slap in the face. You'll find it discouraging and maybe even experience some jealousy because you feel like she deserves a better guy (you) and she's close with someone else, someone who may not be very good for her. All part of love and war, it will fade with time. Just focus on the relationship you are in, getting frustrated over what the ex is doing will do no good for anyone, especially you and your current SO.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 7

• Well you probably still care for her and thinking about her going back to such an abusive ex partner upsets you as she could potentially get hurt again. I think if I went with my ex, my boyfriend would be pretty upset about the thought of me going back into the hands of an abusive man for obvious reasons and he also hates guys who treat girls like sh*t.

It's just because you care.

0|0
    0|0
  • I dnt have an answer to your question but I m going through the same thing and I'm as confused and weird as you might be feeling right now. if you find a solution to your problem just let me know and Good Luck!

0|0
    0|0
  • you think she thinks her ex is better than you! He not!

0|0
    0|0
  • You still have feelings for her.

0|0
    0|0
  • she's cunfused

0|0
    0|0
  • It must be that you feel like you are better than her ex so it upsets you.

0|0
    0|0
  • You're just upset because you care and she's in a bad situation

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

• It's because your heart is broken when she decided to go to the other guy, and it's because you really have deep feelings for her.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes