Is my ex in a rebound relationship?

We mutually decided to end things, though for 3 months after that decision we were seeing each other still just like nothing had changed, still in love, just toned things down a bit. We wanted to end the relationship to allow us both to focus on ourselves since we'd both been through a lot of life changes. After ringing me recently to pour his heart out, just a few days later he blocked me on social media. I knew this was because his feelings kept coming back so strong every time he'd see something of mine, he told me this. Then he met a girl, and after 5 days they became Facebook official. She has a lot of similarities to me in appearance and hobbies. He is openly promoting how happy he is with her. He's not known to promote who he is dating because he believes it's too personal for public announcements like on Facebook.

My question is, is this a rebound? 3 days after he poured his heart out to me he decided to be in a full on relationship within 5 days of meeting a girl. It's been 7 days now, and things are moving super fast with them.

I know he is emotionally torn, he is not in a good mind set with himself, with his work, with his living arrangements and I know he was wanting to find a distraction from me, in order to figure himself out. The day he met this girl was the day it felt like we officially broke-up, lost contact etc.

So naturally, as his ex I am struggling with this news, I really want him to be happy and this is great for him if it's working but I can't help but see this as a rebound relationship.

17

Most Helpful Guy

• it's hard to say. we are only hearing your side, and while he poured his out to you perhaps it was all an act, because like you said it seems hard to believe he could be pouring his heart out and then with someone a few days later. So maybe he had already met that person, maybe he blocked you in hopes that you wouldn't see his new relationship blooming.

It's just really hard to say 100% that it's a rebound... but it does seem like it's a possibility

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • He definitely hadn't met this person until after the phone call. The phone call was extreme in terms of pouring out emotion but it was triggered because he was close to being in a car accident and he had regretted the way he'd been treating me the past few months. It was very sincere. I do know that he was looking for a distraction, not necessarily by being with a new girl since he was so focussed on not wanting to be in a relationship but he was lost and she came along looking hopeful.